Cabriolet Query

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Barnowl1

Car
Honda
Not only new to this site, but also new to MB, so looking for some advice please. The old Honda is now looking to move on and am considering a cabriolet. Possibly 2010 /2012 with up to 65k on the clock. I am aware of the power difference between the E class 2 & 3 litre models ( need the 4 seats), but.....is it really worth the extra for the 3L ?
What are the particular foibles / weaknesses of this model ?
Does that hood really keep the water at bay in a downpour ?....and any other advice you can throw my way would be much appreciated.
Thank you in advance.

Personally had extensive use of both (diesels) before buying mine.

350 CDI is a nice smooth engine, and sounds much better at tickover from the outside. However it is not in real terms that much faster and 8-10mpg less efficient. Went for the E250 CDI which is the more powerful of the 2L engines and more than happy with the choice.

Can't comment on the petrols. If economy is not a concern I would definitely go with the 3L petrol.

The roof is more than capable of keeping the most torrential downpours out, so you will have no worries there.

You need to decide what options are essential to you as there is a real mix out there. Different suspension options, stereo options, heated seats etc. I tried one with the airscarf option that blows air on your neck and it was next to useless IMO.

Although mine is a coupé, I chose the E250cdi because it was a good all-rounder. Bought from new over its almost 5 years and 50000miles it has averaged a true 49.5mpg. Very comfortable for long continental trips and it is a pleasure to drive. It is one of those cars that still gets admiring glances, super design, and I have no desire (unusually for me) to change it!

Thanks both for your replies. Not too fussed about economy, but haven't seen many (if any ) 3L petrols, but I'm sure there must be some out there. Only been looking on Autotrader, are there any better sites for 2nd hand MB cabriolet?
Thnx

The four pot diesel is agricultural to say the least, if I did have to buy a diesel cabriolet it would only be the V6 CDi but otherwise I'd look at the E500, suits the nature of the car so much more imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom