caliper painting

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BIG_G_1979

Car
E280 CDI SPORT
Hi guys might be buying my first merc tomorrow e280 cdi sport, I have notice that the front calipers have the mercedes benz wording on them but the caliper itself is quite corroded looking what have u guys used to paint and keep the wording etc any tips? What colour were the calipers from factory?

Most motorist parts shops have special heat resistant caliper paint. You can buy the Mercedes decals to stick back on after painting from eBay.

Most motorist parts shops have special heat resistant caliper paint. You can buy the Mercedes decals to stick back on after painting from eBay.

Oh thanks so its only a decal? I thought it looked like it was a part of the capiler ie.bossed into it thats great easy fix then thanks

Oh thanks so its only a decal? I thought it looked like it was a part of the capiler ie.bossed into it thats great easy fix then thanks

Some are embossed (mine for instance) and some are pressed into the caliper.

Some are embossed (mine for instance) and some are pressed into the caliper.

Yeah think these are pressed so I will just paint whole caliper black then go over pressed bits in white thanks

Just dont use hammerite, talking from my friends experience.

Colour depends very much on the brake spec. on the car and not all were painted anyway.

A Sport may have had the dark grey calipers??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom