Calling all C280 pwners past and Present.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

se97mlm

Car
'98(R) Silver C240 Elegance
Calling all C280 owners past and Present.....

Just had the most wonderful test-drive through the Kent countryside in a C280 elegance auto. Don't you just love dealers that let you out on your own?! I fell in love.... I want one!!!

I would be very interested to hear what sort of MPG these cars get, and what sort of range on a full tank. I don't mind thirst too much, just hate filling up every 3 days!

Last edited:
On a mixture of driving you will get early 30's

in the town you will get 18-19 and on the morotway about 35

I can highly recommend a C280 - I loved mine, had plenty of power, loads of torque, surprisingly quick, and also quite economical!! Depends entirely what type of driving you do - round town it would be in low 20's, on my normal daily driving (mix of A roads at 40-70mph + motorways) would quite happily hit 30mpg without driving like a complete saint. Normally got about 380-400 miles out of a tank.

Actually worked out about 3-4mpg better than my old C240 whilst driving at similar speeds (didn't tend to need as many revs to keep up a decent pace).

Good luck - C280's tend to be quite rare, so if you have found a good one don't assume there are too many more round the corner....

How do you define monster mileage?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom