Calling all Dealer Forum Members

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DRIVER200

Car
C43 AMG Estate
Not wishing to upset the applecart but clearly there are a number of MB dealers who use this forum. Therefore would appreciate if they would comment on the increasing volume of posts relating to the juddering/clonking issue that appears to be affecting the GLC/C on slow speed+ full lock. EG is your dealership aware of the 'problem', have many of your customers contacted you and what have MB Head Office told you to say to these customers. And perhaps more importantly what is your particular dealership doing to address this issue.

I'm not a dealer, but I've always assumed it was the front tyres skipping on the road surface because they're being forced to go off line.

Maybe but some owners are experiencing this going around roundabouts at speeds over 10 MPH. Surely this shouldn't happen.

DRIVER200 said:
Maybe but some owners are experiencing this going around roundabouts at speeds over 10 MPH. Surely this shouldn't happen.
Going round roundabouts on full lock? Presumably you don't mean that, so it sounds as though it's not the juddering I sometimes get when turning my car around in my driveway which I've always thought was the tyres slipping.

Are there threads/reports about it affecting C Class models Driver200?

Are there threads/reports about it affecting C Class models Driver200?

Hers another quote from a member with this problem.

''My GL class never did this ever. Only other cars I've had this happen to under full lock is an Audi Quattro and a fully mechanical 4x4 when it is engaged on a non slippery surface.

My GLC43 is now no longer doing it at just full lock, but also at half lock turning into out road. A corner I used to take easily at about 30-40 and now have to take at about 10mph.

Is that knickers in a twist to want to discuss it? I don't think it is
. ''

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom