1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

camskill tyres

Discussion in 'Favourites' started by chewitt, Dec 12, 2009.

1. DavidL

DavidL Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    s211 e55 estate, caterham 21, Range Rover Classic LSE, 944 turbo
    Tyreleader - no, just no. A bigger bunch of cockwombles I have yet to come across. Steer very clear.

2. zoros

zoros Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    SL55 AMG
    And why is that - had a bad experience?

I've used them for 6 years in a row. Cheap, efficient and friendly, what's there not to like?

3. Ierton

Ierton Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Audi A7 & Triumph Speed Triple 1050
    They're a miserable bunch but very cheap. Just be aware by the time you've paid delivery and fitting that sometimes offers from all-in-one places can be better.

4. DavidL

DavidL Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    s211 e55 estate, caterham 21, Range Rover Classic LSE, 944 turbo
    Just wait (and wait..) until it goes wrong. They have no customer services at all. I'm still getting emails to say they haven't quite collected the incorrect tyre they delivered (for the second time) nearly 6 months later but not they can't cancel the order. Fortunately the credit card company stepped in and issued the charge back. Look at the reviews for when it goes wrong. They are useless.

5. Will

Will Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2004 S211 E55K AMG/1988 190E 2.3-16/1988 190E 2.5-16/2003 Porsche 911 3.6 Carrera 2 (345hp Powerkit)
    Again this seems to be a common theme with many online businesses. Some have no problems and good service, others not so.

I guess we all shop around for a bargain online and usually it works out. The main thing as a consumer is to make sure you're protected in case of problems (PayPal/CC etc). I've had to claim a couple of times over the years but then compared to how much I've bought it's probably par for the course :)

6. markjay

markjay Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 Retrofitted by www.comandonline.co.uk
    I had an issue with blackcircles and they got back to me by email within 24 hours which I think is reasonable .

Sadly the issue was not resolved, but setting that aside in terms of communication I didn't feel that there was 'no one to talk to'.

7. garycat

garycat Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2014 C Class 220CDI Coupe
    I've used camskill in the past and had good service from them but the local fitter I use now prefers to source the tyres themselves in case there are any issues. They can get the tyres for a similar price once fitting, balancing, valves etc are included.

8. Flackadder

Flackadder Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C220 Sport 125 edition Cdi Blue Efficiency 5dr Auto Diesel Estate. W204.
    Will be getting all my tyres from Wheels in Motion from now on...despite the long drive. Service and price outstanding and for the first time ever, anywhere else before, they reset my tyre pressure wotsit display.

It's those fine details that matter.

9. Cymruambyth

Cymruambyth Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    Haha...the op is getting berated for trying to up his post count so he can be a more active member and use more of the facilities......burn him at the stake :D:D

10. ash59fifty-uk

ash59fifty-uk Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C200 CDI Sport, VW Transporter
    It turned into quite an informative thread :D I usually use Oponeo or whatever it's called but now have a better understanding of the others out there, and a cheeky voucher too :thumb:

11. Flackadder

Flackadder Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C220 Sport 125 edition Cdi Blue Efficiency 5dr Auto Diesel Estate. W204.
    Burning at the stake is possibly a little 'OTT'. Stakes cost money you know!

12. AMV

AMV New Member

Car:
    E350 Coupe
    They are good however i have found Asda tyres to be cheaper in some cases.

Horses for courses though!

13. RuthlessGK

RuthlessGK New Member

Car:
    W203 270cdi
    Never used Asda tyres but I have used Oponeo and Camskill. When i do buy tyres i shop around. Not tested customer service of any that ive used but i will take that as a plus lol.

Zaff

14. OneForTheRoad

OneForTheRoad Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    e320 w211 04/05
    also consider tyreshopper as the price is all in , no delivery or fitting charges and no slugging tyres around to be fitted for just a few quid saving ...

15. bazzabear

bazzabear Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2013 C63 estate
    I shopped around a bit last week, and found Blackcircles had the best deal for the Goodyear Eagle F1's I wanted once you took into account fitting.

Bit in my experience it varies from time to time and tyre to tyre. Always worth checking them against each other.

16. FirstMerc0

FirstMerc0 New Member

Car:
    W204 C63 AMG
    I've used Camskill, Tyreleader and Oponeo in the past, never had a problem with any of them other than one Tyreleader delivery taking 5 days to be delivered when it was promised in a couple; Camskill are starting to look a tad dear nowadays compared to the other two.

Never really found Blackcircles and other sites like that very competitive especially on premium brands, normally just buy online and then take them to my local fitter and still save between £15-30 a tyre depending on what I'm buying.

17. Dogbreath

Dogbreath Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2005 E55K AMG
    Just ordered from Camskill with no problems but while searching found this company https://alltyres365.co.uk who were £10 a tyre cheaper and free shipping..! I've never heard of them and couldn't find any real info on them..... just wondered if it was a scam..?
    Lee

18. c_200k

c_200k Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E63.
    That Alltyres365 seems the cheapest. I'm going to order a couple of tyres and see how they are.

Tags: