Can AMG C36 owners help Carlsson C37 ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

c55

Car
C37, Evo, S124, Hartge H5
Can any of the AMG C36 guys PM me a AMG C36 VIN number? I’m putting together a parts list to do the head gasket on the Carlsson and unfortunately it carries a C280 VIN!!! :doh:

Just for info you may find that all C36s come up as C280s as all C36s started life as a C280 I can only think that the 36 modifications are reflected in the option list somewhere.

As above - many (all?) C36s will come up as a C280 when doing a VIN lookup, as that was what they were when they were built - later modified by AMG to 3.6 litres.

As far as I am aware it is only the head gasket that is different, all other gaskets are normal m104. The AMG head gasket is part number: HWA104 016 01 20.

If you can, I'd love to see some pictures of your engine bay. Have you got the version with the m5 throttle bodies?:rock:

As far as I am aware it is only the head gasket that is different, all other gaskets are normal m104. The AMG head gasket is part number: HWA104 016 01 20.

If you can, I'd love to see some pictures of your engine bay. Have you got the version with the m5 throttle bodies?:rock:

Thank-you for your help gentlemen much appreciated!!!!

Cheers Andy & Will, I was aware of the c280/AMG C36 build process but the MB parts guys when working from my VIN point always point me down the C280 non AMG route and think SAAB the moment they hear Carlsson:confused:

Thanks for the VIN and the year Gmanrangers

Carat thank you for the AMG part number top man!!!! /not sure if you know the ITB versions are(C36RS or C37RS or CM37RS)...not evolutions as such but more reflective of naming issues between AMG & Carlsson) I think only 6 RS were built unfortunately mine is not one.:mad: I have some basic spec info so I can copy and let you have if you don't have them already, No problem re pics yes can do when she's back together, but she's not that much different from the AMGs bar the Carlsson Blue Cam cover.

The real difference between the AMG C36 & Carlsson C36/37 is the latter sounds and feels more raw/guttural, in fact one of my Hard Core BMW friends went as far to say its more tuned M3/M5 than Mercedes while the RS(with the ITBs) packages all of the above & some to a whole new level. :D The tuned BMW M link is more obvious when you take into consideration that Carlsson is owned by the HARTGE brothers, who still tune M BMWs, so you could say it's certainly in its DNA

Last edited:
Are you able to add any images of your car ????

Yes gentleman I will, will notify when done

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom