Can dirt from bad fuel go past fuel filter?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

darkchild101

Car
Mercedes C250TD
I had a bad experience with badly processed waste veg oil but I feel the car doesnt perform/feel the same since. Maybe its all in my head but is it possible some of the gunk went past both the fuel filter and prefilter and into the bowel of the engine and is affecting performance

is there any way of testing/checking injectors for blockage or the fuel filter never lets anything through

I doubt that the fuel filter will allow any debris to pass beyond it, the filter is more likely to simply become blocked with crud long before it reaches the final stages of the internal filter layers.

The problem may be that the veg fuel has 'waxed' inside the filter.........replace the filter and try adding an injector cleaner to the tank to clear the lines..

Last edited:
I doubt that the fuel filter will allow any debris to pass beyond it, the filter is more likely to simply become blocked with crud long before it reaches the final stages of the internal filter layers.

The problem may be that the veg fuel has 'waxed' inside the filter.........replace the filter and try adding an injector cleaner to the tank to clear the lines..

Thank you sir

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom