Can I mix fuchs and mb transmission fluid?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

golden1245

Car
1999 C230K Sport
Hey guys,

The supplier only sent me 3 quarts of Fuchs transmission fluid by accident, I wanted to change my fluid in the next couple days and decided to go buy an extra 2 quarts from the dealership so I didn't have to wait.

Can i mix Fuchs and Mercedes trans fluid together? They are both "the new kind" that is for the 7 speed transmission.

Thanks for your help :)

A full change is 7.5 litres. Not sure how that equates to US quarts.

Hey guys, I was just planning on dropping the pan and draining whatever was in there. I should be able to get 3.5 liters (4 quarts) out that way. Not planning on draining the TC. So can I mix and match new fuchs and mb fluid together. Common sense tells me that it should be ok...since I'm mixing old fluid and new fluid together in a partial change anyways but I just wanted to make sure.

As long as you use the same grade you should be fine.... I would drain the TC if you are able, otherwise I dont see the point.

Would you wash one side of your car and leave one side dirty?

You might be lucky and have a torque converter that is fitted with a drain plug (TC drain plugs were discontinued by MB circa 1999/2000) orherwise, you will only be able to drain about 3.5ltres from the sump.

Hey guys,

The supplier only sent me 3 quarts of Fuchs transmission fluid by accident, I wanted to change my fluid in the next couple days and decided to go buy an extra 2 quarts from the dealership so I didn't have to wait.

Can i mix Fuchs and Mercedes trans fluid together? They are both "the new kind" that is for the 7 speed transmission.

Thanks for your help :)

To answer your question. Yes you can mix the fluids. No problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom