Can I play DVD's to rear screens and add a reversing camera with this Command Unit?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

A210AMG

MB Enthusiast
Hello

Having never had command before I've no idea what model this is. It does seem to have an AUX / Video input or at least an option?

I would like if possible to play DVD's but show them on a screen in the rear. I guess even if this does work the Sat Nav wouldn't work?

Also could I add a reversing camera, would be handy when hooking up van on my own.

Thanks

Pic of the unit I have

I used our reversing camera to hitch at the weekend and it wasn't much use because the factory position is offset to the near side, and tow ball is barely visible - probably because it's set up to look 'across' and not 'down'. I must have a look to see if the camera angle is adjustable.

Having had screens in the rear in the past, I reckon you are a million times better off with independent units with headphones. I'd go further now. A tablet makes as much sense, maybe with a headrest mount.

I'm not sure how long I could have coped with PeppaPig for.

^ Good replys

I've been looking at the ipad holders that attach to the headrest so your right I would probably be best with them?

As for the camera I guess if I fitted one I could adjust it to suit a better angle?

Our daughter has a ipad mini, and has always been fine without the mount. I don't particularly like the way she looks down all the time though when using it - although it's not that different to the way you use it in the house.

It's also easier to hide when out of the car...

^ Good replys

I've been looking at the ipad holders that attach to the headrest so your right I would probably be best with them?

As for the camera I guess if I fitted one I could adjust it to suit a better angle?

I would imagine an aftermarket camera would allow more flexibility but an OEM retrofit neatest. I'll play with Ours at the weekend and let you know.

That is a COMAND NTG2 in a ML or GL

It can't play DVDs and has no video outputs so no rear screen support.

It may have a green video input connector on the rear for reversing camera. In later years MB got cheap and didn't put it on unless car had camera or TV

Richard

If you upgraded the unit to a Comand NTG2.5 it will do everything you wanted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom