Can someone photoshop my grille please?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Red C220

MB Enthusiast
Car
2021 Mazda MX-30 EV, 2014 FF
I'm not photoshop literate - or anything close to it.

Each time I look at the front of my car I just feel Mercedes could have done a better job of the grille colour than the one colour fits all.

Obviously as most C class sports are varying shades of silver/grey then it works quite nicely. But on a red car it's not quite as complimentary.

I came up with a brainwave today - buy some vinyl wrap the same red colour as the car and wrap the silver bits - it can even be DIY.

However it might look completely awful, so a quick photoshop might save me a lot of trimming and cutting and swearing.

I want to keep the chrome mercedes star and accents on the leading edge of each fin - just the plastic silver bits I'd like body colour or possibly black to match the panel under the licence plate.

Is there a kind soul on the forum capable of doing this and posting it back up?

Terribly grateful.

Last edited:
Don't think it will look right in red , however if you do the bits you were planning to do red in carbon fibre wrap ...... :thumb:

All suggestions welcome, carbon fibre would look similar to black - maybe that's the way to go.

I don't think it looks wrong as it is. I just think it could have been better on Red (and white) cars.

Not my best effort, but may give you an idea

Attachments

• P1040898Noreg.jpg
    P1040898Noreg.jpg
    149.5 KB · Views: 147
Yup, I don't think red will look right, maybe satin black perhaps?

Yes, would be much better in satin black or 3M carbon wrap

I think I'll get a small roll of satin black and play around with it.

Looking at the pictures, it needs to work with the lower black grilles under the licence plate. I think it's why it's looking a bit odd in silver.

If the lower grilles were a silver colour the main grille would blend in better.

The problem with Carbon would be having to line up a pattern otherwise it would look awful.

With satin black it'll be a lot easier DIY. Plus cheaper.

I can probably do it all for under £10 in satin black - if it looks rubbish then it's not been a waste.

If you have a look at a red Audi A4 in black edition it would give you a good idea of the final result and yes it looks very good.

It was going to be my choice until I decided to go the more relaxed route and the reputation the DSG boxes have now got.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom