Canbus tutorial used by MB USA.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

miro

MB Enthusiast
Car
W203 slightly modified
http://www.mercedestechstore.com/pdfs/507%20Systems%20I/507%20HO%20CAN%20B%20(ICC)%2010-28-02.pdf

Canbus tutorial .... how it works.

Just read through that, looks interesting.

If I ever get around to it, I hope to build a CANBUS node to impersonate the standard radio (or better still, a COMAND) to allow me to display navigation messages in the standard instrument cluster.

Lots more (general) info on www.microchip.com because they make the components that are used in the systems.

Cheers, Ian.

IanT said:
In fact, here is a list of MICROCHIP's CAN-related application notes, there are some introduction documents in there too.

http://www.microchip.com/1010/suppdoc/appnote/func/connect/can/index.htm

Ian.

I just found out about an AVR processor with a built in CAN port. I am going to try and find out which one.

It means that one might be able to use a single chip solution with a direct output to a driver.

If anyone finds it .... please post it up.

Microchip PIC18F248 has a built in can port
Atmel AT90CAN128 has CAN
STMicro ST72511R also. Check Philips as well.
There are probably many others.
I've done some CAN development using microchips 2510 can interface chip connected to a cheap PIC micro. Works OK and is relatively easy to set up!

Nick

After reading this post I have come to the conclusion that we need a ( TECHNICAL STUFF ONLY CLEVER PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ) section. :confused:

DrNick said:
Microchip PIC18F248 has a built in can port
Atmel AT90CAN128 has CAN
STMicro ST72511R also. Check Philips as well.
There are probably many others.
I've done some CAN development using microchips 2510 can interface chip connected to a cheap PIC micro. Works OK and is relatively easy to set up!

Nick

I was going to build a cheap box with no pic and an ISO card slot using memory card based on pic, found in security and several satellite stores, just insert the card as required.

This means the black box is universal and the best part is that I may store and clone the smart-cards as required and just insert them in a customised arrangement within minutes.

Do you think a smart card slot is automobile friendly ?

marcos said:
After reading this post I have come to the conclusion that we need a ( TECHNICAL STUFF ONLY CLEVER PEOPLE UNDERSTAND ) section. :confused:

Are you Can-fused ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom