Car auto locks but doesn't auto unlock

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Corradovr6

Car
C63 wagon
Hi all, hoping someone can help with my 2014 W204 C63 estate. Auto door locking is switched on via the OBC in the instrument panel, car auto locks as I drive off but doesn't unlock at the end of the journey when I put it in P, apply the parking brake and switch the engine off.

It worked fine until today. Hoping it can be sorted without a trip to the dealer although I do have MB warranty if it comes to it. Thanks in advance. Just to clarify I'm referring to the locking as you drive off rather than keyless entry/exit.

I've never known it to auto-unlock...

Mine locked when I drove off at around 15mph and stayed locked until I opened the driver's door, which I assumed they all did?

I've never known it to auto-unlock...

Mine locked when I drove off at around 15mph and stayed locked until I opened the driver's door, which I assumed they all did?

My 2013 W204 C180 is the same... it auto-locks but does not auto-unlock. Nor did I expect it to, really - never heard of auto-unlock before....

Just to say my 2013 w204 is the same, locks but doesn't unlock. Never thought it would

I doubt a car has ever been made that auto unlocks. Why would you want that? All you have to do is open the door :dk:

It auto-unlocks the door when you pull the handle to open it from the inside. - There's also a button on the centre console to unlock the doors if you want to let someone in (rather than out)... or at least that's what I've got.

Mines the same...

Thanks for the replies, maybe I'm just going mad. Sounds like there isn't a problem then. And I've owned the car three months!

May be you are new to Mercs, Mercs never had the auto unlock feature.

Just open the door once you are ready to exit.

As said, mental. It locks when you drive off, unlocking is a feature initiated by the driver.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom