car diagnostic unit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

whitefang

Car
e320 cdi, 525tds bmw,
Hi all, hope your well.

I have a W211 E320 CDI 2003.

im looking for a car diagnostic unit, (not a dear 1).

so i looked on ebay, & there's 1's for £20 - under the £100.

will these cheap 1's work on my diesel car, & im correct to say im looking for a OBDII.?

any help please.?

thanks all.

Buy the iCarsoft one on Ebay for Mercedes it's the i980 I think. It's brilliant and under £100 too

are we talking an obd reader here ?

I'll have it if whitefang doesn't please a111r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hi all thanks for repling to me, im sorry for only replying now, i didn't no anyone replied to me (i got no email or anything saying one / all of you replied, sorry..)

thanks for the offer to buy your unit.

i just bought a....

autel maxi-elite md802.

as any one used this unit.?
im still reading the manual to get to grips on how to use it for the basic diagnostic test.

thanks all.

Another vote for the i980 here. Superb bit of kit for the price - reads nearly every module in my car. Has already more than paid for itself :thumb:

Sorry to hijack, I am looking for a diagnostic unit to read codes on my W201 and W124 chassis.
I think that the round plug is called x/11.
Is there anything out there other that the blinking light units I've seen.

hi..
no you not hijacking peewee74... if we can help each other by some 1 else's info, then i'd say well done & i think that's why the owner's of this website opened it.

but my autel maxidiag-elite is ment to be backward compatible (obd2 main. but can read obd1, think i'm correct, but some 1 with skill will tell you / us.)

i think your man above this post as a unit for sale, but i no nothing of these's machines yet.....i'd like to learn my 1.
but i'm skeptic (i wounder) if i can do any bad with it...like...
i've never plugged my car in, by doing so will my car say 'whats going on, whats this needle you just put in me, attack it..or ill shut myself <main ecu> down to protect myself.)

haha... i dont no.. but i read more good than bad, only bad i read is it wont test ....x... otherwise good units.

thanks, talk soon.

Sorry to hijack, I am looking for a diagnostic unit to read codes on my W201 and W124 chassis.
I think that the round plug is called x/11.
Is there anything out there other that the blinking light units I've seen.

Carsoft 7.4 inc the multiplexer does the job.

I have a copy of the software and the multiplexer if you are interested but you need a laptop running windows 7 and it must have a proper serial port.

Carsoft 7.4 inc the multiplexer does the job.

I have a copy of the software and the multiplexer if you are interested but you need a laptop running windows 7 and it must have a proper serial port.

Thanks for that info, I have the use of a laptop, need to check what version Windows.
Again not being too computer savvy can you dumb down proper serial port.:thumb:

Again not being too computer savvy can you dumb down proper serial port.:thumb:

There should be a 9 pin male port with two screw pillars on the laptop as per the attached pic.

Attachments

• serial.jpg
    serial.jpg
    9.4 KB · Views: 6
hi all thanks for repling to me, im sorry for only replying now, i didn't no anyone replied to me (i got no email or anything saying one / all of you replied, sorry..)

thanks for the offer to buy your unit.

i just bought a....

autel maxi-elite md802.

as any one used this unit.?
im still reading the manual to get to grips on how to use it for the basic diagnostic test.

thanks all.

I've had the All system version for a few years (there is a limited 4 system version), good bit of kit :thumb:

I've an i980 going spare.
Great kit and yours for £60.
Hi

Is it still for sale?
Does it read/clear codes?
Can it modify settings?
I have a 2015 w204 coupe

Thank you

I have the Carsoft V12 with all the hardware and software. It runs perfectly on the later Windows 10. I just had to purchase a special cable with USB plug to replace the serial plug cable as my laptop doesn't have a serial port.

The software is very good, detects and clears codes with options to get info and details on how to change certain faulty parts. A bit similar to factory WIS. I'm still learning and will probably find plenty of other options in there.

hi all,
like i say, i have the md802 autel ..

i have used it now 3 times & yes i agree with 1 of the replies on page 1, it is a decent little unit, it gives you the diagnostic code with discription & you can then re-plug the unit into your pc / laptop & either print your findings or just read them & find more info' (like i have done).
my / this unit ...yes, i give it 9 out 10. but it is my 1st unit. iv'e never used star or any cheaper units.

talk to you soon.
laters

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom