Car Fob problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

zack83

Car
2001 w220
I parked outside a store ( UK 2001 W220 S320 CDI) collect some items. I parked up switched off car and put my hazard switch on as it was a main road

I was putting items in the boot as well as the back and front passenger seats and quickly locking my car I made about 6 trips and in my haste to lock car I must have pressed the wrong locking buttons to lock either doors and boot.

anyway I got in and drove off.

when I got to the motorway service station and went to lock car as I always do with my fob But....

All it does now is put the hazard system on as long as am holding the buttons I can't lock the car in anyway...even the key button on the console in the car to open the doors doesn't work anymore, and the button inside the drivers door to open the boot doesn't work.

I had to manually press the passenger lock down to lock the passenger door and the only way to lock driver door is with the metal keyinside the plastic car fob and it's the same with the car boot I have to use the metal key.

I'm really worried have I accidentally reprogrammed my car fob key to turn on hazards.

I must of push some random buttons and now I'm hoping it's not going to cost Hundreds of ££££ to sort out as it's a problem manually opening doors and boot this way

I don't have keyless just a normal black plastic key fob which has 3 icons open boot locked padlock and unlock padlock they are very hard to see so I must have pressed the wrong one at some point when parked

hope someone can help
thanks

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Does the Red LED light up when each button is pressed?

Did you check fuses relating to central locking?

When the central locking was working properly in the past, did you see a blinking Red LED on the dash to ideate that the alarm was armed?

See... Option codes - W220 S-Class Encyclopedia
300px-W220_tow-away_alarm_off_switch.png

Dec

Yes its flashing red on the dashboard right now car is alarmed if I press any of the fob buttons all that happens is the hazard system indicaters come on and the red hazard triangle flames on dashboard for the amount of time I keep the buttons pressed.

The only way to get into the car is use the metal key to open the door .

I think it is programmed to do that when the hazard lights are used incorrectly

Hi

I don't think it's a alarm problem the 3 buttons on my key fob should lock car, unlock car, unlock boot But all 3 buttons don't do anything now apart from turning on the hazard lights I can't even open the boot from the the inside switch on the drivers side door or lock unlock all doors from the inside switch on the console everything now can only be opened with the metal key...boot front driver door.

I'm worried as I don't know if I can manually unlock the fuel filler section as I'm gonna be running out of diesel soon.

All I did was leave the car switch off with my hazard lights running while I lock unlocked my car via key fob

Might have to pay someone for a diagnosis phoned a few garages and the charge £55 per hour + vat..but I've learned my lesson never to use the red hazard button when parked.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

There is an emergency lever you can pull back to manually unlock the fuel filler flap similar to the video above.

The hazard lights, alarm and central locking are all associated together, when you lock or unlock the car the hazards flash either 3 times when locking or 1 time when unlocking, if the alarm is triggered the hazards flash for 3 minutes and the siren… if its not faulty… will sound for 30 seconds.

Time how long the hazards flash for, is it for 3 minutes?

The probability is that the alarm siren is the cause of the problem it cost about £100 and about an hour to fit it.

Dec

try taking the earth off the main battery , it may reset itself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom