Car hit when parked :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sorry for you Gaz :( Had the same on the CL :mad: £ 300.00

So sorry to hear this. I hate people sometimes. I would be mortified if i hit another car or scratched it, i would be writing my details on anything to hand if i knew i had caused any damage, some people have no thought for others and property.

Im normally the one to park my car in a lonely spot away from the shop to try and avoid damage but i guess my car gets lonely car syndrome and 9 times out of 10 i come back to find a car right next to mine in what is a near empty car park.
i have the same, strange thing lol
luckily most of the time im going for shopping with kids and cruise around as long as i find space on wide space for parents with kids

Well, got a letter today from the scuffers. Although there is CCTV footage of it happening, and someone who can positively identify the perpetrator, they "do not consider that there is sufficient evidence in place to allow a recordable offence to be investigated" and no further action will take place.

So, the moral of the story is if you damage someone else's property, don't worry about it. The police won't come after you.

I was brought up to respect the law, and (with a bit of blind spot when it comes to speed limits) I mostly do. But this boils my ****. If ever the coppers want something from me in the future, I'm going to tell them where to ram it.

Gaz

I wonder whether there would have been "sufficient evidence in place to allow a recordable offence to be investigated" if the car that was damaged belonged to the Chief Constable.

I'd want to take this further.

If you have the time, write back and tell them you do not agree and do not see why you should have to pay for this?
Perhaps tell them you will ask your local MP why the police cannot pursue this on your behalf.

If you want to pursue the matter, raise it with your local Police Commissioner as well. It's a sad reflection of the times we live in, but in truth, if you make enough of a b****y nuisance of yourself they may conclude that the only way to get rid of you is to do what you want.

If you want to pursue the matter, raise it with your local Police Commissioner as well. It's a sad reflection of the times we live in, but in truth, if you make enough of a b****y nuisance of yourself they may conclude that the only way to get rid of you is to do what they're supposed to do.

Fixed that for you.

I wonder whether there would have been "sufficient evidence in place to allow a recordable offence to be investigated" if the car that was damaged belonged to the Chief Constable.

There probably would have been if it was a PSCO's car. If it was a Chief Constable, I'm sure there would have been a review of the CCTV footage within a quarter of an hour and a squad car outside the bloke's house shortly afterwards.

I would refuse to accept and write to police complaints and your local councilor and MP

Police are not short of time or resources, they just need to be shown how to prioritize (ask me how I know)
I worked for me for a friend who needed the TP insurers to cough
Its only a few emails....

The police is no more a fully functioning service. This is due to the years of cuts. They only here for serious crimes now. No wonder crime has gone up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Just give the details to your insurer and ask them to follow up

A disgraceful response from Her Majesty's finest but no more than to expected these days when they have scant resource. As the other replies have mentioned, I would take this further as my sense of injustice wouldn't allow me to sleep otherwise.

I have the blackvue 650 2 channel dash cam it has what’s called parking mode and will record if the vehicle is hit, the dash cam is hard wired to my car battery or you could use an aux battery.
But if you are hit from a side swipe when someone is parking next to you, doesn't that mean the chances are that the camera will not catch the perpetrator unless it records 360 degrees around your parked car :confused:

I guess I'm getting old, but the stress involved in taking this further really isn't worth a couple of hundred quid.
Yes, I'm disgusted with any low-life who doesn't own up, but with police openly saying they won't pursue burglars, what hope is there of getting the scum to to pay-up for a parking dent?
Pay for it from your own pocket, don't mention it to the insurance company, then put it firmly behind you and move on.

You're likely to live longer into the bargain....

But if you are hit from a side swipe when someone is parking next to you, doesn't that mean the chances are that the camera will not catch the perpetrator unless it records 360 degrees around your parked car :confused:

When a car enters the parking bay the field of view which is 120dg will capture the car whether your vehicle is hit or not, however if your car is hit t bone fashion the camera will not see it as you rightly say but there is no dash cam that I am aware of that has a 360dg field of view. Dash cams can capture most things but are not perfect

If you have the time and energy there is probably a way to get what you want.

You could submit a subject access request to the shop for the evidence and, then, take up a civil case against the driver.

Will be a pain in the **** though.

I'm going to sit here now and hope that the perpetrator gets some sort of nasty infestation on his genitals.

Yours, in a bad mood,

Gaz

May the fleas of a thousand rabid dogs infest his genitals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Understand and sympathise, but just let it roll, there are bigger things to worry about out there.

The police aren't going to chase miscellaneous property damage, there's bigger fish to fry - like who's nicking AMG's with remote control cloners, or who's conned your Granny out of five grand on a set of solar panels or double glazing units.

Put it down to wear and tear. Relax. Think of Meghan Markle - she'll be back on the market in eight years time, with a few bob in her pocket.

DogMeditation.jpg

I feel for you, had the same thing happen to me

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom