Car pulling to left (worse) after wheel alignment - report attached

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

alt

Car
C220
Hi All,
Car is a 2008 W204 C220 CDI Saloon, 5 speed auto.

I got new tyres last week and the dealer replaced the 'diff balancer' under warranty (just looks like a mount behind the rear subframe (which the diff bushes are mounted to)) - stiff component but the bushes were worn so they replaced it.

Noticed an ever so slight pull to the left on my way home, so I decided to get the wheel alignment done locally.

Now since getting it done, when the wheel is straight (at say 100kph) the car is driving slightly to the right. But when I let go of the wheel, within about 100m the car is pulling to the left, so much so that when i'm on the motorway i'd be in the left lane (when initially i'd be in the right lane)

I wonder could someone take a look at the report attached and let me know if things are in spec? Car drove perfectly straight when I bought it 10 months ago and I didn't hit anything since purchasing.

Thanks folks

IMAG1346_zps06ca33d7.jpg

The only thing I can see from your photo is the Rear Right Toe is out by 1"
0deg17" when maximum manufacturers spec. is 0deg16"
Front Camber right is out of spec also! after their work it's pushed it out by 2"

Not sure if that would make a real difference.

Contact WheelsInMotion and see what they suggest ;)

Last edited:
I rang the garage back advising of my concerns. They said the alignment was out by very little so they adjusted that.

They said they weren't able to adjust camber or check caster because of the bolts needed from MB.

I'm going to just write off the money I spent (wasted) this morning and go to a dealer.

As a last resort they suggested swapping over the front wheels eventhough they're new. I'll do that anyway but still go to the dealer to get it done properly

I rang the garage back advising of my concerns. They said the alignment was out by very little so they adjusted that.

They said they weren't able to adjust camber or check caster because of the bolts needed from MB.

I'm going to just write off the money I spent (wasted) this morning and go to a dealer.

As a last resort they suggested swapping over the front wheels eventhough they're new. I'll do that anyway but still go to the dealer to get it done properly

Make sure your tyres are not directional if swapping. I cannot swap mine around.

Neil

Make sure your tyres are not directional if swapping. I cannot swap mine around.

Neil

Great point! I have Bridgestone Turanza T001's so not directional :) Just an 'outside' label on the tyre, no arrows etc.

+1 for wheels in motion. Countless recommendations on here for their services.

Stay away from Dealerships they receive training on how to lie AND they do not know how to, or deliberately choose not to resolve the "it's going left again" issue. They will invent a lie like it is supposed to do that so you don't hit on-coming cars. But this lie will only be presented after you have presented you Credit Card for the second, third, fourth or even fifth time.

If you want the truth Stay away from the Dealership network. Because in this instance the slogan "The best or nothing" is not actually true. You won't receive nothing, you will revive a diminishing bank account, lies and tires that they will have deliberately damaged - just for you.

No I am not exaggerating.

Where as WIM have looked after so many people here that it is almost impossible to count. Call them would be my advice.

Not all the required angles have been measured, but I do note they have set the rear toe right on it's maximum, rather than the mid point. This will improve high speed stability, but tend to wear tyres more.

If you look, originally the car had a rear bias, which they have correctly set straight. My suspicion is that the front caster is unequal, hence you have to turn right to compensate for less caster on the left front wheel.
In addition, the front camber is on the limit on the right, which won't be helping.

Any one with a full 4 wheel alignment rig and the right attitude can sort that.

I'm going to hazard a guess that because the OP is quoting KPH, he's not on the mainland, therefore a trip to WIM is going to be a little bit too far.

Could be right there although report is in English so maybe USA or Oz?

He does use the word motorway, I know in the States its called a freeway. What about down under?

Aussie is Freeway NZL is Motorway.

Hi guys, yeah i'm in Ireland (Republic) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom