Car security

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Giantvanman

MB Enthusiast
Car
FFRR 4.4 TDV8 Autobiography
Perhaps it is time to switch off keyless go (if it is an option) or begin using Faraday bags of some description.

West Midlands Police

I would rather they took the car as in the video as opposed to kicking the door down and terrorising the wife and kids.

I just dont get the need for the keyless thing.

Kenny

Well on this side easily solved with a Smith Wesson!
Or just the notion that the owner/household MIGHT have piece trained on them the moment they got out of the car!
A sufficient deterrent.
Tuercas viejas

1_1b95a540-68e7-4aa6-a809-a3f70913e8f0_large.jpeg

My brother inlaw has a range rover sport with keyless entry.........few weeks ago 5 guys nicked it at 5am. From neighbours cctv you could see they tried to use the device to intercept the signal. As this did not work they broke into the house throught 2 sets of double glzaing doors without breaking any windows (for obvious reasons i do not want to go into precise details). Upvc double glazing not as good as it seems unless double locked. Realised at 7am car had been stolen so phoned the police and tracker company. Within 45 minutes car had been found without a blemish. Few days later my accountant had his E class nicked with the device. Unlucky for him they came to steel the neighbours car but then decided to try his and got lucky. After seeing on cctv how easy it is to steel a car via the device i would take every precaution possible.

Glad I’ve not got keyless entry. You can buy faraday cage bags relatively cheap from all over the place, bit of a PITA but better than the alternative.

Beats me why some people leave very expensive cars out on the drive because they can't be bothered to put the car in the garage. Now that's one thing they do have in the US; decent sized garages that you can fill with junk and still get the car in.

"Sgt Tim Evans, from Solihull Police, said: It’s important the public are reassured that we are taking proactive steps to tackle this type of crime in Solihull."

And just what can they possibly do - nothing short of persuading the manufacturers to put security before gimmicks will make any difference.

Just double click the remote and it stops the keyless working

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you learn something new every day..... I just got out of bed and went and did mine. I know it's only a bog std Eclass but you never know huh.

Sorry if this has been posted before.

Scary how easy it is.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

ADAC testing......

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As this did not work they broke into the house throught 2 sets of double glzaing doors without breaking any windows (for obvious reasons i do not want to go into precise details). Upvc double glazing not as good as it seems unless double locked.

Please do as it will only educate the ignorant/law abiding people. Lock snapping, bumping, locksmith letterbox entry tools are will known to the criminals and they have been using the methods for years.
I reckon over 80% of the UPVC doors in this country are secured with cheap mass produced cylinder that can be by passed by a child. There is vids :)
Decent solid CNC machined security handles and 3 start diamond secure cylinders such as the Avocet ABS and the Ultion will help, along with actually using the key.
The decision to make a noisy entry through 2 sets of doors will be left to the truly determined and you can take your chances on that.

How many more threads do we need on this?

If somebody wants to steal your car and has the means to do so, they'll steal it. This has been the case for as long as I can remember, and I see nothing happening anytime soon that is going to change this. Car theft and indeed property theft in general sucks, but it's a feature of the society we live in.

Keyless Go seems to offer an easy solution for a suitably equipped villain. Double tapping the keys and/or putting them in a Farraday pouch or fitting a steering lock or putting the car in the garage, are all likely to make things a bit more difficult.

However, one of the guys here (Developer) had his front door crow-barred open and the gang demanded the keys with menaces in order to get his E63. So we should be careful what we wish for.

House breaking to get the keys has become more commonplace since vehicle security systems improved to the point where the car is effectively useless without the key. People could/have been mugged for their keys. Etc. Etc.

Sadly the best we can hope for is that the bad guys are discouraged from nicking our car and instead nick the one on next door's driveway.

my police mate said there is currently not a lot we can do but we can use disklok to make it difficult for them, hopefully the low life who hasn't got the right tools to break it will leave. the desperate ones will probably just come another day, however at least there's a few minutes for you to call the police.

Just place your keys in a tin box when at home. This will block any snooper picking up the RF signals. Quick and easy, no need to remember to "double click" to disable.

I know mine is old and not worth a lot .But i can see my car all night through the bedroom window as its a bungalow i sleep with battom half of the blind up .The secutity light swithes on if anyone goes bye .And i can see most everything if i am awake.The camera is on 24/7 . I have a few things at hand just waiting to be used .I just hope i dont have to use them .

Please do as it will only educate the ignorant/law abiding people. Lock snapping, bumping, locksmith letterbox entry tools are will known to the criminals and they have been using the methods for years.
I reckon over 80% of the UPVC doors in this country are secured with cheap mass produced cylinder that can be by passed by a child. There is vids :)
Decent solid CNC machined security handles and 3 start diamond secure cylinders such as the Avocet ABS and the Ultion will help, along with actually using the key.
The decision to make a noisy entry through 2 sets of doors will be left to the truly determined and you can take your chances on that.
After reading about how easy the majority of upvc doors are to break into i replaced the cheap locks and handles on my conservatory with high security locks and handles, they aren't cheap but IMO worth it for piece of mind. Now a burgler will struggle to prise apart the handles but even then they wont be able to break the locks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom