Car Service History - its lack and me being a fool?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wickedcricket

Car
2012 Mercedes E220 CDi Sport
Ok long story short I bought MB around three months ago. The company Spire Cars Ltd in London had (What it seemed like) all the necessary paperwork. HPI Check, a print out of Car Service history*, car in perfect condition inside and outside, 53k mileage, top notch! Fell in love with it, bought it straight away.

*a print out because I was told all the 2012 MB are now registered online so no Servicing Book with stamps anymore.

Now for two months I am trying to set up a Servicing Plan with MB (37 quid a month) and turns out I can't!

The Servicing History I was provided with hasn't been registered in EVA - Mercedes Digital Service Book Online System, ever. Dates/Mileage of Service A and B do not correspond to normal/standard servicing periods of these cars, I am being told and nobody can confirm that. Person I am dealing with in MB told me to get invoices from where I bought it, which I am chasing for couple of weeks now.

What are my options here? How can I get a Service History? Are there any legal instruments I can ask for help/refer to?

Turns out I am a total fool :wallbash:

check that the mileage is correct via the dvla mot history check service that will tell you mileage that the mots where done at and any fail history

check that the mileage is correct via the dvla mot history check service that will tell you mileage that the mots where done at and any fail history

Yeah did that online when I was buying also had a MOT Cert with it.

Have you been to a dealer I'm person of just phone/email?

Have you been to a dealer I'm person of just phone/email?

For all this time it's phone and emails only - because of demanding job etc.

But I said this morning I'll be making them a visit next week, now they claim they will get me a duplicated service book from Mercedes and the garage stamped services they have carried out.

Is this even possible? Doesn't sound legit at all.

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][/FONT]

For all this time it's phone and emails only - because of demanding job etc.

But I said this morning I'll be making them a visit next week, now they claim they will get me a duplicated service book from Mercedes and the garage stamped services they have carried out.

Is this even possible? Doesn't sound legit at all.

[FONT=Arial,sans-serif][/FONT]

Sounds alright, I had a faxed copy of the service report before buying my latest car and the service book arrived duly stamped by the dealer within a few weeks.

I wouldn't stress it.

I had no problems getting two of my MB on to the MB service plans when both did not have MB service history. I don't understand what the problem is - the service plan simply kicks in on the current mileage and the items due as specified based on the current mileage not its history.

Have a look through the previous paperwork, if it was a lease car there should be a wad of paperwork headed by the lease company consisting of all work done on the car for their records

I had no problems getting two of my MB on to the MB service plans when both did not have MB service history. I don't understand what the problem is - the service plan simply kicks in on the current mileage and the items due as specified based on the current mileage not its history.

Agree with this - I've never heard of it being a problem before. The service plan is just paying for servicing on easy payments in advance. I think they've even removed the age limit now and as far as I knew, you can start it anytime.

I could understand an issue if it was an extended warranty, but it isn't.

Is this MB UK service plan or a similar one specific to your dealer; many, if not all, of whom do virtually the same thing but your contract is with the dealer chain, not MB.

I can't see how a previous history is relevant to agreeing to have your car serviced for 2/3/4 years and paying upfront. If MB still say no, try the dealer.

I've never heard of a garage declining to service a car because they haven't serviced it before / it doesn't have a service history. Not a very good business plan.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom