Car Shampoo Recommendations.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ringway

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
2017 Audi RS6 Avant Performance Edition. Range Rover Supercharged - Lovely!
I have just come to the end of a 2.5ltr container of Turtle Wax Zipwax, car shampoo.

Before I buy some more car shampoo, I would be interested to find out what other members are using and why.

The best results are what I'm looking for.

TIA.

Paul.

I think AutoExpress just did a test on shampoos and amongst the very expensive ones the cheap Halfords standard wash wax shampoo came out in the tops......the beading latest about the longest and was the cheapest I believe, go find the test on the AutoExpress site.

Dodo Juice Born to be Mild..
Fantastic on dark/metallic colours.
Better than G-Techniq which is a load of rubbish. I've used various types and done my own testing. The DDJ born to be mild is easy to clean off as well i.e. if a splash of mud gets onto the car then a quick detailing spruce up and it still looks great. It's easy to work with, decent amount of suds and gets all that dirt other shampoos cannot seem to get. So that's the one I use.

In the past I have used: a wide range of turtle wax, auto-finesse, meguiars next, meguiars ultimate and autoglym body wash.

518ZN0-ehOL._SL500_AA300_.jpg
Goes a long way as you only use a capful and dries without marks.

Last edited:
My understanding is that the important thing is to use a quality brand that is ''wash only'' and to avoid those products that claim to be ''wash and wax''.
I use Chemical Guys products......Dave is very helpful and user friendly.

Mic

another one for megs gold class, i used turtle wax and hated it.

Megs Gold Class......because it smells yummy:D

Thanks guys. I have ordered some Gold Class to collect tomorrow. :thumb:

Has anyone tried Meguiars Utimate Liquid Wax? It seems expensive but the reviews are encouraging.

I vaguely remember reading somewhere that Fairy Liquid is not good for paintwork

CG Glossworks shampoo/cleaner is very good & smells great. The Meguiars & Dodo shampoo like said above or if you keep an eye out, Orchard Autocare will be releasing a super concentrate shampoo that's very impressive looking.

Fairy Liquid isn't as bad as everyone makes it out to be. Maybe going back 10 years it was a bit more 'harsh' to paintwork. It's a great de-waxer/pre cleaner if used through a snowfoam lance if your planning to detail or put fresh glaze or lsp on your car.

Damien

Last edited:
Salt is what give shampoo and snowfoam it's suds. If there was none in it you wouldn't get any foam!

I always use Autoglym shampoo. I also dry the clean rinse with an Autoglym simulated "leather" which I constantly rinse out in warm water containing a good splosh of white vinegar. Excellent result.

Never use a leather... sacrilege.... Always use and dry with pure detailing cotton towels and while wet spray with britemax wax before wiping down.

The best soaps to use which some of the guys have already suggested are some of the Maguires products, anyone of those are really good, I use Maguires pre wash after I have double snow foamed the car. Also Britemax Grape shampoo if superb and is used by my detailer as one of the best. But if you want something a bit special but its not cheap is nanolex concentrate shampoo. Dont use this while it is really sunny but best results in dull weather. Only thing it does cost about £50 a bottle, the maguires are around £15 - £30 for 5 litres.

Take a look at the website http://www.i4detailing.co.uk/ I order all my stuff from here.:thumb:

Good luck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom