car stereo won't work with aftermarket player

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

martinborsjo

I have a c200k w203

So I tried to switch stereo player but my new pioneer stereo unit won't work I have matched all cables, and checked all fuses.

My blaupunkt player works but pioneer won't even start up

(Pioneer player works in my mitsubishi)

What to do?

if its the same wiring as my w208 you need 2 live feeds one permanent and one switched but there is only one live in the merc loom so i took a live from the cig lighter.

^ as above but also if you have two lives and some do when I had a kenwood in mine I had to switch the red and yellow around

if its the same wiring as my w208 you need 2 live feeds one permanent and one switched but there is only one live in the merc loom so i took a live from the cig lighter.

So the + cable from the cigarette lighter shall be connected to the blue?

Deff normally Red and Yellow. If the Radio stays on with ignition off or loses radio station memory after power up then you need to reverse the Red/Yellow connections.

blue is normally elec arial it should go to red or yellow

I tried connecting it the way you said but nothing happends !? I have a brown, a red, a black, a yellow, and 2 green wires coming out from behind the player.

The player has a red, a black, a yellow, a blue, and a orange illumination wire.

What model radio is it, there must be some wiring diagrams to confirm the colour codes.

IIRC the orange will need a power supply but as above post the model up to be sure

the plug in your car should have a permanent live in it,when you plug your stereo plug into it see which wire the live goes to,then take the feed from the cig lighter and put it to whichever isnt powered,ie if the live goes to a red wire then put the cig feed to the yellow or vice versa

I tried connecting it the way you said but nothing happends !? I have a brown, a red, a black, a yellow, and 2 green wires coming out from behind the player.

The player has a red, a black, a yellow, a blue, and a orange illumination wire.

Red = 12v positive*
Yellow = Ignition switch on/off*
Blue = 12v out to turn on amp or aerial amplifier.
Orange = dim the display when lights come on. (attach this to the bulb on the lighter too)

*Yellow and Red can be reversed but not normally on a Merc.

Just run a wire from the cig lighter to the Yellow.

You can test the radio by holding the yellow against the red as well, see if it powers up, if it doesn't then test fuses.

Blue is the power for the antenna/amp
Yellow should be wired to the cars power
Red should be wired to the lighter socket. While your there, use a volt meter and double check you have 12v on both

Capture1_zpstawcfydy.jpg

Last edited:
IIRC the orange will need a power supply but as above post the model up to be sure

Ok so illumination wire and Remote wire was the problem! I wired blue to sigarette lighter, and yellow orange and red to the power wire from the car... It workes fine !

Memory works and ignition switch is all good!

Thanks for your help everyone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom