Car window smashed...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flash

MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercs
I borrowed my Dad's W220 yesterday and left it parked on my private driveway lats night.

At about 1.15AM this morning I heard the alarm sound and saw the idiot running away from the car. I could quite clearly see that the drivers side window had been smashed. I decided to give chase and was still in my jeans/t shirt at the time as I was watching a DVD downstairs with my girl friend.

I managed to catch the bastard and a fight broke out and he pulled out a knife on me and I got it out of his hand and threw it into someone's garden so that he could not use it on me and after that I got the better of him. He then pulls out a screw driver and tried to stab it into my heart/chest area but I managed to defend myself and "really" went for him and pinned him down till Police arrived (my girl friend called them from her mobile as she came running out shortly after I gave chase). His been arrested BUT has said that I pulled the knife put on him and the Police are being "sympathetic" towards him as he also has alot marks on his face!!! I'm lucky that I did not get hurt myself/or even got killed and that my girl frined was there who has given a statement supporting me and what actually happned :) However, I have been relased upon bail pending further enquires... :rolleyes:

Just be carfeul guys if something like this was to happen to yourselves...

:eek: :eek: :eek:

How the hell can the police be sympathetic towards him? He violated your property, fleeing the scene and then used the tools on his person to attack you with.

I assume there will be his finger prints on the knife which will exonerate you and put this person behind bars? Was the knife recovered and was he wearing gloves? What about supporting evidence from your girlfriend? She witnessed you leaving with no weapon I asume?

Glad you are unhurt... perhaps in hindsight your actions were a little foolhardy but I can fully understand your actions once the red mist sets in.

Last edited:
Glad Your Ok mate, about time the law changed pronto to protect us, just one little mistake good have been worse news. Take care

SEM

Yes - he was wearing gloves and off course my finger prints are going to be on the knife as well (thats been recovered and is going to be sent off to the labs).

I was fuming when relased upon bail (standard procedure according to the Police) but because my girl friend was there justice shall hopefuly be served upon that scum.

Don't worry mate I only got charged with assault on a burglar last year (who could not be charged because they could not prove he had broke in). Stinks doest it. I am now suing the police they have offered to settle out of court for 5k I have said no, and any money I get will be going to local charity. Oh and one police man has had a verbal warning which according to the police is VERY serious. I personally will not rest until he is sacked (it tuned out he was the burglars bother in-law). If they take this anywhere don't waste your time with solicitors and appoint a good QC and kick ****. I was offered a caution yeah right, which would of affected my reservist status and as such my pension.

Last edited by a moderator:
Flash said:
I was fuming when relased upon bail (standard procedure according to the Police) but because my girl friend was there justice shall hopefuly be served upon that scum.
Don't count on it mate.

Justice in this country stinks. When you end up being worse off for chasing scum that do this. The thing is even if you wanted to hold then till the police arrive so justice can get done they would try and get away so you have no option other than to fight.

You have my sympathy and I hope it turns out in your favour.

zooman said:
Don't count on it mate.

I'm sorry to hear about what happned to you about the burgalray - i too am not going to let this one go and will personally purisut this thorugh the approprate channels like yourself.

The only consulation so far is that that I gave him a good......... (have to be carfeful what I say).

Thanks for all your support guys... I'm shatterd but at same timr dont feel like going to sleep.

Sorry to hear about this Flash - both the vandalism and subsequent treatment by BiB - as has been said the way the law comes down does seem to make a mockery of the situation. The one time I came closest to this was when I intervened (briefly-I'm not exactly the biggest of blokes) and stopped some stranger being set upon by 5 lads - the plod didn't want to know despite having picked up 2 of them just down the road and having a statement from me identifying them :confused:

Glad you are OK at the end of it tho - and that he didn't manage to use either of the weapons on you.

Good luck.

sorry to hear that dude , hope it all works out for you, dad and i are sitting here in amazement at the story.

Americas shoot to kill policy has some advantages ....

Call the Daily Mail or Daily Express.

They LOVE this kind of story - gainfully employed law abiding citizen of good reputation apprehending track suit wearing, knife carrying, unemployed, no qualifications, benefit receiving, previous form, drunken (tick as appropriate) oik who vandalised car, lilly livered PC police siding (yet again) with the lawbreakers at the expense of the law abiding. What's the country coming to? etc, etc, etc.....

They'll dig up the scroat's record & shame the cops into dropping any action against you.

You'll end up a hero!

On the plus side, you managed to give him a few slaps!

Last edited:
It's all been said before - but glad you are physically unscathed - relatively. Could have been much worse fromt he sound of things.

Good luck in getting it sorted.

neilrr said:
Call the Daily Mail or Daily Express.

I'm with Neilrr on this one. I'd pick the Mail because it has a larger circulation and therefore more clout.

Good luck in getting it sorted to your satisfaction. Mind you, as an unfit 60 year old I'd have had to let him go in the first place.

DieselE said:
I'm with Neilrr on this one. I'd pick the Mail because it has a larger circulation and therefore more clout.

:D Mail on Sunday?? spoilt me rotten. Mind you that was at the direct request of Robert Maxwell.

If you can get the papers interested they will have a field day. Be aware though they will thoroughly investigate the incident before putting pen to paper.

John

Last edited:
What is this country coming to??? Seems the police aren't actually bothered with catching the real criminals.

Glad you're ok, the situation could have turned out alot worse. Sometimes its not worth chasing after these people, especially considering the view the law takes!

KLP 92 said:
What is this country coming to??? Seems the police aren't actually bothered with catching the real criminals.

Glad you're ok, the situation could have turned out alot worse. Sometimes its not worth chasing after these people, especially considering the view the law takes!
or maybe it's not worth calling the police when you go chasing after these people, especially considering the view the law takes!

Glad to hear you're intact, and thank god you threw the knife away...I dread to think what would have happened if you'd stuffed it back into his ribs.

Mind you, it would have been no more than the little shit deserved...thinking about it, is there anywhere aroundabouts that's good for burying dead bodies?

I'm seriously thinking of going to the Press as you guys have suggested but am going to get full legal advise first on how to go about this from a reputable Solicitor tomorrow. I have fully lost all faith/confidence in our so called Legal System (things have started to sink in now).

Once the matter has been resolved (i.e. no charges against me but you can never tell with our so called Judicial System:rolleyes: ) I am going to make an official complaint against the Police and the Officers that have dealt with this matter. The fact that I had a witness the Police should not have arrested me on the suspicion of carrying an offensive weapon to begin with. Whilst the g/f was giving her statement the Officer had the cheek to say to her “How can you be sure that it was not your boy friend that had produced the knife because it was very dark….”). Hopefully, his prints will be on the knife prior to him wearing his gloves which he still had on when he was arrested and the matter shall get closed in addition to my g/f’s statement which is consistent with mine.

Looking back now I wish that I did not bother chasing him or calling the Police but people like that need to be locked up and are dangerous to society. All this aggravation now for nothing.

Sorry to hear about that mate, what the hell is going on, the world has gone mad! :mad:

Hope everything works out for the best....

The other point worth raising is this...

You came from your house, so logically if you'd gone out tooled up, you would have grabbed the nearest knife, which in all probability would have been in the kitchen, and therefore would probably be similar to the rest of the ones there.

Of course, this assumes that the knife in question is completely different to the ones you own...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom