Carpet Stain Removal help.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

looAMG

Car
CLS55
So when i recently gave the inside of the CLS a clean and removed the passenger side floor mat i found a secret lurking deep down. A large, what i presume to be Coffee Stain.

I have no idea how long this has been here and attempted to remove this at the weekend. Fortunately i own a VAX 6131T which can soak and extract water from the carpet. I have treated the stain with white vinegar solution and some vanish oxy action stain spray, which seemed to do less than the vinegar and while it has reduced stain it is clearly still there.

The water that has been removed from the area was black but i am hoping that someone can advise on what i can do to lift the rest of the stain?

It's a shame it's not black carpet, you can literally just use satin black spray paint to restore black carpet to brand new looking.

It's a shame it's not black carpet, you can literally just use satin black spray paint to restore black carpet to brand new looking.

Maybe if all else fails i'll use that technique to create a permanent "striped" effect. :D

Wait until its a hot day - a high temperature, then attack it with the Vax, Use Halfords stain remover as its really good on stains.. or use Vanish carpet cleaner and work into the stain and vax away.. then close the doors, park the car in the sun and open the windows a crack to allow moisture to escape and all should be well.. Vanish gives it a nice smell too :)

P.S I've done this on many occasion and works really well and ready to use same day..

Top stuff thanks for the advice, I'll make a trip for some more efffective cleaners that will hopefully budge it. I was going to attempt to mix up a paste with some vanish and work it in and let it fizz away for a few minutes but I'll have a look for this Halfords removed as well!

Having just recently removed 25 years of old engine and gearbox oil (saturated) from, mushroom carpets in my old 124, I would recommend Surfex HD.

Spray it on to a water damped stain, brush in, then use your VAX to lift it out. Repeat as required.

Sent from my iPhone using sausage fingers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom