CCTV IP Camera / Wireless access point configuration...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cfoster

Car
W212 E350, Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder, W201 190e, 2019 Volvo V90 R Design, Mk5 Golf Gti
I'm about to upgrade my current Analogue CCTV with a HIKVision 16 channel NVR and IP Cameras.

6 of the cameras are going to be down the bottom of the garden covering the new outbuilding/garage/entrance that i'm building. With this in mind I have been under the impression that I need to run 6 ethernet cables, one from each camera direct to the NVR which is up at the house. Alternatively, could I incorporate one of these below to send the signal from 6 cameras to the house?

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/EnGenius-...38.m2548.l4275

I'm struggling to see how it would work, would/could the cameras have static IP addresses assigned to them so i could link them all up in the outbuilding to a switch, switch to EnGenius thing above, the wireless signal across the garden to the house, then taps into my router which in turn is connected to the NVR?

Would this work or am I going completely off track?

I'm not by any means an expert, but having had a quick look at the manual (on line) it looks like a very capable system where each camera has its own IP address.

So, I think that as long as the cameras are on the network it should be possible address them without them being tied to a particular port on the unit itself.

I asked a similar question when we had a 4 channel Hikvision system earlier this year.

I was told that they need to be wired directly into the NVR so if we wanted one on our garage the would have to run another cable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom