cctv/video for youtube help?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

guydewdney

MB Enthusiast
Car
906 Sprinter 313cdi
Anyone any good with cctv or similar?

The mrs wants to do a youtube type channel, doing cooking. But, the big but, shes wheelchair bound (motorbike accident). So she cant get up and adjust a camera mid cook iyswim.

I was thinking of a say four camera cctv system, and she could edit from the four channels, a bit like a four channel audio recording in a studio.

Or a remote control ptz camera, with 'live' monitor?

Any ideas?

Depends on the CCTV recorder. The ones I use (DVR, Software based) record each camera as a separate 5 min file per cam, others just record the raw data and you have to follow a tiresome method of setting the times and streams to archive off into a readable format. In your case, I think a decent webcam with PTZ will offer less chalenges

But one cam with ptz has one angle of view, or viewpoint. Imagine wanting a closeup of a pie, but also a roast chicken,for example. Hmmm.

bear in mind that most CCTV records in a non standard format, so will require processing before you can even think about editing the footage. At least stock WebCams will record in a format that you can drag into most media editors.

How about a few cheap dash-cams - recording to SD cards - you could then edit the footage and add commentary etc later.

What's wrong with using a good ol' cameraMAN? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom