CD player and CD changer issues.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Digitalghost

Car
E Class 320 CDi
So problem number two with my car is to do with the CD players. The single slot CD/DVD player wont accept a disc. It doesn't pull it in or make any kind of noise when a disc is offered. Also, on the 'Audio' menu, the radio and CD changer can be selected but not the CD/DVD player. That option is greyed out.

The CD changer has the light on under the 6th disc button but when I press it nothing happens. I tried holding the button down but the cover door started to come down and it got stuck half way between open and closed. I took the fuse out and put it back after a few mins and that sopted the door.

I think I'll take the changer out and see if I can fix it. If not I'll bin it as I don't really listen to CDs these days in the car. I'd like to get the single slot one working though as I'd like to be able to play DVDs occasionally. Any ideas on a fix?

So problem number two with my car is to do with the CD players. The single slot CD/DVD player wont accept a disc. It doesn't pull it in or make any kind of noise when a disc is offered. Also, on the 'Audio' menu, the radio and CD changer can be selected but not the CD/DVD player. That option is greyed out.

The CD changer has the light on under the 6th disc button but when I press it nothing happens. I tried holding the button down but the cover door started to come down and it got stuck half way between open and closed. I took the fuse out and put it back after a few mins and that sopted the door.

I think I'll take the changer out and see if I can fix it. If not I'll bin it as I don't really listen to CDs these days in the car. I'd like to get the single slot one working though as I'd like to be able to play DVDs occasionally. Any ideas on a fix?

If the option is greyed out then the head unit cannot see the CD drive at all.
sounds like its dead to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom