Center caps and wheel bolts.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Starky

Car
W211
I have just had my wheels refurbished by lepsons and some body work done to my car by Multie-tec both have done a cracking job :thumb:

Now the problem Is i have center caps that look old and tatty along with the wheel bolts being rusty.

I want to replace both of them, I've looked at the ones on e-bay and I'm not convinced of the quality, Iv'e also checked a few other sites.

I'm sure some of you have been in a similar situation... Where did you get yours from and how much did you pay?

I bought Roadster style centre caps for mine, And rubbed down and hammerited my wheel bolts :) soz about the quality of the pic closest ive got of the wheels

merc85-albums-s211-e320-cdi-picture8957-washed1.jpg

Last edited:
I got my wheel bolts including the locking nuts from TRS UK ([email protected]) which are good quality and would recommend as a cheaper alternative than OE.
They have an Ebay shop or you could send them an email direct, but be precise what you want, so measure your existing studs first, including the size of the thread.
The set was around £20-£25 if I remember.
Hope this helps.

Last edited:
I bought 4 new centre caps laurel style from MB £66.00, they wanted a similar price for 16 wheel bolts so I just cleaned them up and sprayed them in hammerite.

Thanks for all the help so far. I haven't yet removed my wheel bolts, which would help Identify which one I need. Does any one know which ones I would require, saving me the hassle of taking them off.

W203 with stock 32amg alloys 17"

How easy was it to colour code the wheel bolts to the wheels.

I have just had my wheels refurbished by lepsons

Now the problem Is i have center caps that look old and tatty along with the wheel bolts being rusty.

Annoyingly, if you go into their reception, on the left as you walk in is a display cabinet with them in - 3 different types! Not sure on prices though but you could see the quality and they looked alright to me (I didn't need any).

When I did need one, I bought a genuine one from MB Newcastle on eBay for £7.99 delivered.

However, after posting up the packs of four for a tenner, turns out someone on here took a punt and reckoned they were OK...

Bought my wheel centres (matt black) from the bay. As good as the originals (same numbers in fact) and £8.49 for a set of four.

Just checked the seller and he doesn't seem to have any at the moment, though there are loads about on there.

is there anything like this for MB bolts? all of them seem to rust...

attachment.php

You can get those Covers on ebay off the top of my head if it's 17 mm. I've got a set haven't bothered fitting them.

Bought the cheapest merc centre caps I could find off ebay for mine and no problems so far!

Purchased the following on Ebay for £9.25
Just as good as the originals that they replaced.

Description

Set of 4 Mercedes 75mm Centre Caps
75mm Front face diameter, 75mm Rear Fixing Clips Diameter (Wheel Bore Size)
Abs Plastic, Gloss Black & chrome
3 rear fixing clips & retention spring

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
They look really good. Have you got a link? Would love to see some pics of them on your car. What colour is your the CL.

Purchased the following on Ebay for £9.25
Just as good as the originals that they replaced.
48991d1424811437-center-caps-wheel-bolts-image.jpg

For some mysterious reason, the fake ones could never get the Mercedes star right :dk:

Just my opinion, of course.

Knowing about Merc's wheel bolts rusting in the first year, I waxoiled mine on day one..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom