Centre caps

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bri

Car
2008 Mercedes E220 est Sold ! 2011 E350 est Sold ! 2018 E220 est Premium package
Hi guys, can anyone tell me the best way of removing the centre wheel caps with out damaging the alloys.
I know you can do this by taking the wheels of but is their a faster way than this as I am putting new caps on.
Regards Brian :confused:

Bri said:
Hi guys, can anyone tell me the best way of removing the centre wheel caps with out damaging the alloys. I know you can do this by taking the wheels of but is their a faster way than this as I am putting new caps on. Regards Brian :confused:

No , you need to take the wheel off

You can screw a self tapping screw through the centre of the cap and pull the cap out with a pair of pliers.

If the centre cap is smooth, you could use a powerful suction cup or small dent puller.

If it's not smooth and is going in the bin, like my last set, I just rammed a screwdriver through the middle and pulled them out.

Did mine with small flat screw driver no damage worked fine

Dont think it can be that tricky as one of mine on the W210 fall of on the motorway recently. Small screw driver - flat head always works for me.

They use a special tool to do it, but if you can get behind it, you can push it from behind. Alternatively drill through them if you are replacing them

You can usually pop them out with the edge of an old credit card.

All done used a pilot and they pulled out easy, new ones in looks great.
Thanks for the help

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom