Ceramic coating, is it worth it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Guy who I purchased my car off has his own detailing business and I understand charges circa £700-800 for full detail / ceramic coating the whole car, has car in for 3-5 days. I believe he uses Nanolex Si3D HD and after a month or so the water is still beading off both bodywork & wheels, looks amazing and very little effort required to clean.

So £450 does seem reasonable, depending of course on what products are being used.

Personally £450 would be a light paint correction of about 2 hits per panel and a polish in terms of your in depth work over 1 day and your next day would be application of the coating. For that work its highly unlikely you will get a 80/90% corrected finish per panel which is what is required when applying a durable ceramic coating as it tends to lock in all that work for a multiple pf years . so id advise to ask exactly what level of clarity will you be getting for your money.
on the ceramic coating front the main leading products are from Gtechniq, Gyeon and Carpro (Quartz) and majority of the application of their durable base coatings are north of £150 and they tend to take up a 2nd day for application and curing so please get more details and about the job and products being applied to your vehicle.
Another thing about ceramic coating is just like wax, they need to have their surfaces washed regularly and maintenance products should be used per wash to help ensure they last their guaranteed lifespan. So with leading brands they may cost a bit more your catered for with a full range of products that are proven on the professional market.

I did my c350 with the g technic products took me and a mate a whole day working into the night just to prep body and glass decontaminating first then claying before a polish. Then you do the crystal laquer which takes a while then leave for 12 hrs before applying the final coat so 450 seems a bit cheap i was 150 just for products

Not worth it IMO. Over rated.

A bit of a thread revival, but it really does depend on the coating, consumer grade, pro, brand and so on.
Many people have a specific preference on what they expect from a coating.

The majority of people judge coatings and sealants on their Hydrophobic properties and durability.

I’ve just read the whole thread and we don’t know what the op went with :confused:

What was the answer?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom