Changing key batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anderoo

Car
C350 coupe
First, am I right in thinking that when I press lock/unlock on the key fob, if a little red light flashes it means that the batteries are running low?

Second, when looking up how to change the batteries, I've seen some pretty uncomfortable stories about keys suddenly not working when old batteries are replaced with new ones. Is this something to worry about, or is it fine and normal to stick new batteries in yourself?

Ta :)

When I use my fob the red light always flashes...always has done, even with new battery.

Yes...change your own battery (assuming you would also empty your own ash tray if used).

Cool, thanks - I hadn't ever noticed the red light, maybe it's always done it, I just wondered if it was a low battery indicator.

Good news I can change my own batteries without the car freaking out!

Cool, thanks - I hadn't ever noticed the red light, maybe it's always done it, I just wondered if it was a low battery indicator.

Good news I can change my own batteries without the car freaking out!

The red light will always flash when you press the button...

Its very very easy to both change the batteries or even reshell the entire key if your old shell is looking a bit tatty.

£7 it cost me for a new shell and batteries, key is now good as new.:bannana:

It is a low battery indicator. You'll know the batteries need replacing when the light doesn't come on !
Seriously, that's what it says in the owners manual.

It is a low battery indicator. You'll know the batteries need replacing when the light doesn't come on !
Seriously, that's what it says in the owners manual.

Guess my key is dodgy or battery must have been low for months :bannana:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom