Changing orientation of mulitple monitors?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

KillerHERTZ

Administrator
Staff member
Car
SL63 AMG
Im currently using an Acer laptop linked to an external monitor & USB keyboard, Im basically using it as a desktop PC. The laptop screen can be flipped around so that its bascially a montior with the keyboard hidden away.

As the laptop screen itself is not used as the primary screen, I would like to have it on its side in the closed posistion next to my main screen.

Is there a piece of software that will allow the 1 screen to be at a different orientation that the other? Windows XP will only allow both to change, not just one.

Thanks!

Just the standard factory fit: Its a Acer C110 laptop

I'm assuming you mean the picture on the laptop screen can be flipped 90 degrees to match whichever way up you're holding the laptop. XP has no built-in tools for this unless you're using Tablet Edition.

I'm using Pivot Pro on an HP touchscreen that I downgraded to XP Pro from Vista. I have no idea if or how it supports multiple monitors, but there's a free trial on their website here.

Thanks I will try it,

I do have tablet edition, but all the features appear to have gone now

but all the features appear to have gone now

Not quite sure what you mean by that. If it's not behaving, you could always try backing up your data and either doing a clean Windows install (if they provided the relevant CDs) or using the factory restore disc they should've provided if they didn't give you the install CDs. That should get your features back.

Not quite sure what you mean by that. If it's not behaving, you could always try backing up your data and either doing a clean Windows install (if they provided the relevant CDs) or using the factory restore disc they should've provided if they didn't give you the install CDs. That should get your features back.

Sorry, ive just re-checked it, I have all the handwriting options still, but when it comes to the screen options all I have are the standard windows options. Never had the orignal CDs ether.

Just the standard factory fit: Its a Acer C110 laptop

Ok, then I guess you have an intel extreme 2 graphics chipset or something similar.

Its a long shot but maybe downloading the latest driver for the card might give you some more options to play with. I suspect you're not going to get much joy though with that chipset..

Yep, tried that before. It gave me the option to have the 2nd monitor as the default one which is good - never worked before :)

Cheers for your help guys

Never had the orignal CDs ether.

In that case, and if you've had the laptop from new, there's probably a utility on your start menu somewhere to create the CDs or DVDs. Some manufacturers are cheaper than others - they make you do it yourself to save the cost of burning the discs themselves!

I'd definitely recommend creating those discs if you can - if at some time in the future you need to reset it back to factory defaults or your hard drive fails, they'll come in immensely useful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom