Chassis and Under Body Cleaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

brucemillar

MB Enthusiast
Car
C55 AMG Wagon - W124 300te 4matic Wagon - BMW 4.8is X5 E53 - SWB Pajero 3.5 V6 24v
Does anybody have any suggestions to clean properly under the car?

I have a Karcher and wondered if there is some kind of flexible attachment?

What do other people do (apart from just not bother).

Yes there is that one but there is another that is a truly flex head arrangement, short length too so easily managed.

Best thing is a hoist, raincoat and a broom....:):)

Well, ideally I want something that you can get up under the arches to clean the wing, arch lips. So, the more adjustable the better. From what I see these things are very expensive?

Karcher is your friend Bruce, they also have an adjustable unidirectional short nozzle that is not quite as flexible as the multi directional unit - a lot cheaper too...
Get alongside your local and see if they can't dig it out for you - drop me a line if they aren't helpful.

Karcher is your friend Bruce, they also have an adjustable unidirectional short nozzle that is not quite as flexible as the multi directional unit - a lot cheaper too...
Do you have a link to this thing? I am seeing so many that all look to do what I don't want them to do. I am easily confused.

Or crikey Bruce you've made me get out of me chair while I'm deep in Rory Gallger & cider territory! But because it's you....

180 degree adjustable and fan width adjustable too. Any problems getting one locally let me know.

Attachments

• P1130037.jpg
    P1130037.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 52
Last edited:
Awful bl00dy thing Bruce, took me a while to get the pic up because the pot belly needed some fuel too, but now you have it the local should be able to find one for you. IIRC I had to prize it out of their hands here as it came as an accessory to a big kit, but me being me didn't leave much blood at all.

Attachments

• P1130039.jpg
    P1130039.jpg
    227.1 KB · Views: 27
  • P1130038.jpg
    P1130038.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
Awful bl00dy thing Bruce, took me a while to get the pic up because the pot belly needed some fuel too, but now you have it the local should be able to find one for you. IIRC I had to prize it out of their hands here as it came as an accessory to a big kit, but me being me didn't leave much blood at all.

BINGO. That is what I need. I have emailed Karcher direct and will await their reply. Thanks for all your help here.

Sorry about interrupting your Rory enjoyment. Dear Papa Lou Martin was a family friend. We miss him but smile every time we think of him.

Karcher has the following attachment specifically designed to was the car from underneath..

https://www.kaercher.com/my/accessory/underbody-cleaner-26425610.html

However I personally jack the car on stands as high as possible, remove the wheels and clean it with a normal pressure washer, utilizing some de-greaser. For underneath of the arches, once the wheels are removed, you can easyly scrub them with a brush.

WDB124066 said:

This is exactly what I want/need. Sadly, despite sending these pics to Karcher, they are unable or unwilling to help. They just keep asking me what the part Number is?

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

This is exactly what I want/need. Sadly, despite sending these pics to Karcher, they are unable or unwilling to help. They just keep asking me what the part Number is?

Bruce if you go to Littlewoods catalogue online and look in DIY equipment, you should find a Karcher vario nozzle at £29.00

This may be what you are looking for.

Thank you all for the help. I ordered one direct from Karcher. Let's see how it goes. If no good on the chassis? It will make for an exciting bidet.

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My nice new Karcher Vario Nozzle arived yesterday. Today I rushed out, all excited. to give it a test run.

FAIL..

I have a Karcher Pressure Washer and Karcher Nozzle. But the lance that the nozzle plugs into is NOT Karcher and is NOT a Karcher fitting. FFS. How difficult can this be?

So at some point I have ended up with a Non-Karcher gun. This is just a completely different fitting to the Karcher stuff. So now I have to go buy a Karcher Gun & Hose.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom