Cheap hotels in Paris

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Darrell

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Back in Mill Hill but sometimes in Skiathos
Car
Gixxer 6, Citroen Berlingo, 911 C4S, Dacia Duster and lots of bicycles.
We are staying at my mum's house in La Rochelle in August and our 11 year old daughter wants a couple of nights in Paris on the way back to Calais.

We will have my new (to me) Porsche so I would prefer to stay on the outskirts where I can safely leave the car and get the metro in for some sightseeing.

Any recommendations on a little hotel please..

ps, it will be in the first week of September.

Not being funny but be careful the outskirts is the last place you want to leave a car its a nightmare now with all the migrants. Crime and violence are at the worst I've seen in the 20 years ive been going there. If you want to do this stick to a central up market hotel with secure parking. Paris is a real dangerous sh*thole these days. I actually feel safer walking the streets of Johannesburg

Do not do cheap in Paris, we always used to use centre located with underground/secure parking, mainly as the car (when on business) would be loaded to the gunnels with video/stills gear, but used the same places when on leisure also, much easier.

My wife and I stay in Paris quite often. We always look on Groupon for any deals and we're yet to be disappointed! With the Metro being so accessible the outer areas are fine. As others have said, there are some dodgy parts, but you get those anywhere.

If you're interested in going up the Tower, check Groupon too. We got fast track tickets to the top on New Years for about €50. Bargain!

Oh, and the last few places we stayed in (booked on Groupon) had secure Hotel parking. Beware, lots of places say secure parking, but what they mean is an NCP that's nearby. Not the place for your pride and joy. If in doubt confirm with the hotel before booking.

Wow, didn't realise it was so bad there.

So time for a re-think.

Any recommendations for a cheap hotel with secure parking in Paris.

We only want to dump the car, shower, sleep and do some touristy stuff. Smart restaurants are not our cup of tea.

My daughter wants to go up the Awful Tower.

Wow, didn't realise it was so bad there.

So time for a re-think.

It does sound a bit like we are describing the outskirts of Beirut or even Basildon :D but as above there are places in or around every City like that.

Oh yes, even if the information on the Hotel says "secure parking" make sure you can BOOK a space, some are "first come" spaces, even in the largest and poshest hotels, be aware.

I stay in Paris a fair bit, but go to Puteaux (near La Defense)
It's a town 1 metro and 3 RER stops from much of Paris.

Hotels are smaller and have parking and it's fine there (quite well to-do)
Don't look at hotels in La Defense as they are stupid expensive

Try TripAdvisor for Puteaux

Getting a family room will be your challenge though

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom