Cheap new unregistered E500s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

C240Sport97

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
SL400, VW California Coast and 911 GT3
Was surfing the net last night and came across about 9 E500 saloons (all with really good spec) and 1 E500 estate.

All in the Approved Used Car Locator for Mercedes Chelsea.

As I was around that area today, I popped in ...

It turns out:

1. the cars are unregistered.

2. they are knocking £20k off list price

3. the cars were built a while ago ...

in the case of the E500 Estate in Jul 07 (!!) - up for £43,000
http://www.mercedes-benz.motortrak....=15021006&vidindex=1&franchise=26&country2=GB

and

the E500 saloon which I really liked (sport pack, obsidian black with black nappa, panaromic roof, keyless go, Harmon Kardon, Comand etc etc), in Dec 07 - up for £40,000
http://www.mercedes-benz.motortrak....=15020915&vidindex=1&franchise=26&country2=GB

These cars have the old generation COMAND .. i.e. the ones without the 4GB music harddisc, or the standard bluetooth. Plus it's separate CD changer (current models have integrated CD changer).

They want to sell or will register as 'demos' at month end.

Tempting, but not nearly tempting enough.

Wow, good find! If you were to buy one of those I'd hate to think how much more value they would loose in the next 12 months. If they are registered as demo's and sold on in 6 months time presumably they would be closer to 30K.

these E500s are attractive because they have the 388 hp V8 engine ....

Nice discount for a basically brand new car, but golly, it has about £25k more £ to lose in a 3yr 36k ownership cycle. I'd get a PCP quote and see if it would work out cheaper that way

Exactly what I was thinking, I wonder what the GFMV will be in three years.

clearly E500s are not wanted at all .. the taxi companies don't want them, and private buyers all wants diesels.

that would explain why these have sat around for so long.

even with £20k off, it's still too expensive.

I'd be tempted by the E500 Estate IF it was under £30k. At £43.5k I'd rather buy a new 7-seater 4x4 e.g. XC90, Landcruiser etc.

Rather than poke around with the price why dont they give them out to a raffle and help raise some money for the local community.

Doing the local pubs for months at a time you could easily raise 60K GBP for each car and pay off the cars and find some loose change for a school Vito or two.

I'd be tempted by the E500 Estate IF it was under £30k. At £43.5k I'd rather buy a new 7-seater 4x4 e.g. XC90, Landcruiser etc.

my thoughts exactly ...

I'd be tempted too sub-£30k - maybe we should ask about a group buy!!??

no one is worried about the fact that the cars have stood around for at least 15 months and up to 21 months?

I'd be tempted too sub-£30k - maybe we should ask about a group buy!!??

OK ..

Brett will have the Estate for £30k
BD will have an E500 saloon for £27k
I will have the E500 Sport I listed for £27k

shall I call the salesman and propose???

If you buy it cheap enough, with a three-year warranty that can be extended, and I don't think standing arond will be a problem.

If you buy it cheap enough, with a three-year warranty that can be extended, and I don't think standing arond will be a problem.

Guess it depends on where they have been and how stored. If in warm dry conditions, indoors, with the weight off the tyres then it may be OK. Otherwise, all sorts of electrical gremlins, heavily corroded and pittted brake discs, flat spotted tyres, rot in the exhaust system etc etc....some but not all of which will be warranty items.

Guess it depends on where they have been and how stored. If in warm dry conditions, indoors, with the weight off the tyres then it may be OK. Otherwise, all sorts of electrical gremlins, heavily corroded and pittted brake discs, flat spotted tyres, rot in the exhaust system etc etc....some but not all of which will be warranty items.

no doubt stored outside in a field somewhere

If I was to pay top whack I would absolutely not want a car that had been stored.

But if it was cheap enough, then I'd take the chance. You'd have 3 years warranty, plus maybe one year goodwill or extendable warranty. That's a long time for problems to manifest themselves.

A friend of mine went down to the dealership today to test drive a c63. They were trying very gard to sell him one of the E500's. He asked to see the paperwork, and the cars were built in 2007.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom