Cheap new unregistered E500s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I doubt the final buyer will learn their correct age and probably will think they're run-out models and be pleased to take something near the present discount. I had a similar experience on testing a 'new' current plate CLS500 with the 306bhp engine - which rather gave the game away.

Maybe MB will offer all their 500 models as loss leaders in future! I have an uncle who ran a number of used Rolls Royces during petrol rationing and said he never paid above £200 for any of them :)

Apprently they were getting quite desperate to shift them, and they need to get them registered by the end of the month. My mate seems to think you could get upto another £5k off.

A friend of mine went down to the dealership today to test drive a c63. They were trying very gard to sell him one of the E500's. He asked to see the paperwork, and the cars were built in 2007.

that's what I saw too

My mate seems to think you could get upto another £5k off.

would agree with that .. but still not enough

If I was to pay top whack I would absolutely not want a car that had been stored.

But if it was cheap enough, then I'd take the chance. You'd have 3 years warranty, plus maybe one year goodwill or extendable warranty. That's a long time for problems to manifest themselves.

Well that might not be an option and no doubt such problems will work through over the coming years. There is a lot of metal sitting around. For example, over in Malmo Toyota had 12,000+ cars sitting around, more arriving and nowhere to put them What to do?

Well, they have leased some ships and turned them into floating cars parks moored up just off the coast "No sir, I can absolutely assure you that your car did not sit in a field for 2 years....."

Over here a use is being found for airfields. Behold: Upper Heyford

Last edited:
Had a random call from them last weekend re a sales promo this weekend coming.

They must be really struggling for sales as they could only have found my number through the E280 i sold in September, which had been serviced with them.

Well that might not be an option and no doubt such problems will work through over the coming years. There is a lot of metal sitting around. For example, over in Malmo Toyota had 12,000+ cars sitting around, more arriving and nowhere to put them What to do?

Well, they have leased some ships and turned them into floating cars parks moored up just off the coast "No sir, I can absolutely assure you that your car did not sit in a field for 2 years....."

Over here a use is being found for airfields. Behold: Upper Heyford

It's been like that for a number of years now! My old neighbour got a job up there moving the cars around - bit boring but you do get to drive some nice metal!!

I had a similar experience on testing a 'new' current plate CLS500 with the 306bhp engine - which rather gave the game away.

In Dec 07, I found some new CLS's with huge discounts (I think around 1/3rd off). They had to be registered by end 07. No movement on price at all .. was being sold by a broker.

Turns out these cars did not have the new 5.5 litre V8 ...

Or Maybe sooner when/if I get the reponse from registering my interest at £30k.....:D

Well the nice lady at Merc Chelsea has just called to tell me someone will be calling me later, so we will see where this goes.....

Last edited:
Or Maybe sooner when/if I get the reponse from registering my interest at £30k.....:D

Well the nice lady at Merc Chelsea has just called to tell me someone will be calling me later, so we will see where this goes.....

I bet you £5 that they come back at £40k

If I can get to 30k with a New car warranty I will snap it up, if not they will have to do some serious work......as will I when the missus finds out!

Don't MB dealers buy these odd-ball vehicles at closed auctions and flog them to the public for whatever they can get? Wonder what they paid for them...

Don't MB dealers buy these odd-ball vehicles at closed auctions and flog them to the public for whatever they can get? Wonder what they paid for them...

MB Chelsea is owned by MBUK .. so it's the manufacturer clearing stock through its own retail channel

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom