Cheap new unregistered E500s

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
MB Chelsea's website has the date down as 1980 on three of them!

Warranty starts from first registration date, not build date.

Put it this way - I paid 29k for the 388 bhp version in my car - 6 months old, new over 67k.

I think they'd bite your hand off if you offered 27-28 ish.

Bargain.

They do seem to be selling is as Used with 500 miles on the clock, with delivery in June, so I suspect that they will try for just a years warranty.

They do seem to be selling is as Used with 500 miles on the clock, with delivery in June, so I suspect that they will try for just a years warranty.

that's not the case .. it's just the way they dress it up.

they are available unregistered before month end .. and you will get 3 year warranty from date of registration

if they do not sell before month end, they will then be registered, and sold as "used" -- I don't think anyone will have to wait either. After all, it is the manufacturer, and not some dealer

Sean is right. The warranty is provided by MB and MBUK on the basis of three years from the registration date - provided I think it serviced by an authorised party. (I didn't say dealer deliberately).

If you guys want these E500's at bargain prices I think they'd sell them to you. Seriously - they are killing for sales volume atm.

I'm just thinking that mine is a 53 reg just out of warranty, so 3 Years warranty does sound attractive to me!
If it could be got for less than £30k then it has got to be a bargain!

I'm just thinking that mine is a 53 reg just out of warranty, so 3 Years warranty does sound attractive to me!
If it could be got for less than £30k then it has got to be a bargain!

earlier, you were happy at £30k .. time is money :p

I didnt then realise that they wanted shot by the end of the month!
As I already have a car that I am very happy with I can afford to be cheeky!

Well they came down to £35k quite easily, so I have told him to see what else can be done, looking arounf though you can get 07 cars for about £25k so I am not convinced yet, will wait until he comes back tommorrow!

Well they came down to £35k quite easily, so I have told him to see what else can be done, looking arounf though you can get 07 cars for about £25k so I am not convinced yet, will wait until he comes back tommorrow!

good job .. is the £35k with a trade in?

I reckon that at 35 k there very cheap . I priced a 220cdi avantgrade in Ireland , list price is 57000 euro , so 35000 witch would be around 40000 euro , has to be a lot of car for your money !

I reckon that at 35 k there very cheap . I priced a 220cdi avantgrade in Ireland , list price is 57000 euro , so 35000 witch would be around 40000 euro , has to be a lot of car for your money !

buy here, reclaim UK VAT, pay Irish VAT, and you have cheap new car

The VRT would be 36% of what the customs say the car is worth , that could be as much again !

The VRT would be 36% of what the customs say the car is worth , that could be as much again !

then buy car in London, keep at a friend's for 6 months, then back to Ireland tax free

That still won't avoid having to pay VRT , it might lessen the amount , and road tax will cost 2000 euro a year , until they incress that . Last year when i paid the VRT on the wifes MR2 it cost 1000 euro and I only paid 1200 pound for it

That still won't avoid having to pay VRT , it might lessen the amount , and road tax will cost 2000 euro a year , until they incress that . Last year when i paid the VRT on the wifes MR2 it cost 1000 euro and I only paid 1200 pound for it

I thought EU law means that if you import a car that is more than 6 months old from another country, no further tax is payable .. shame

That could well be true but it has changed noting fir us here , VRT makes too much money for the goverment each year for them the ever scrap it . When you consider that the price of a 220 cdi droped by 16000 euro last year when the bands where changed to follow co2 ratings instead of engine cc , this ment that the VRT on a 220 cdi droped from 32% down to 16%

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom