Cheap S280 W140

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DanMorgan

Car
R129 500SL, W124 300CE Twin Turbo, W210 E55 AMG, W211 E320 CDI Sport
Hi all,

This seller was selling a very cheap w124 320ce which many of you might have seen, however I looked into his other items for sale and saw this. Short description but mentions a "gearbox problem". Do you still think this is a bargain with this fault, I love these cars and would love to add it to my collection, what do you think?

1996 MERCEDES S280 AUTO BLACK | eBay

Also, if I did buy it, what is the number plate worth? Must be worth something. Also I have a spare set of monoblocks that I would stick on it, so could sell the current wheels to clear some funds!

Always admired the W140 after having a lift in a family friend's in the late 90's. Very imposing car.

Is it me or do most of the W140s you see these days have serious boot alignment issues. There always seems to be huge/inconsistent panel gaps around it..

Always admired the W140 after having a lift in a family friend's in the late 90's. Very imposing car.

Is it me or do most of the W140s you see these days have serious boot alignment issues. There always seems to be huge/inconsistent panel gaps around it..

Its the soft closing vacuum pump that shuts the boot tight. Mines not working too!

W140s are so cheap anyway that there's no need to buy a poverty spec, rusty 280 with a knackered box.

Really solid cars, shame my previous (w140) didnt have soft close anything :-(

But im a poor student with 2 cars already! Is this really poverty spec? I saw some with cloth leather etc

But im a poor student with 2 cars already! Is this really poverty spec? I saw some with cloth leather etc

If you were a rich student you wouldn't be after buying that,it will need more that a g/box repair & some bodywork. Sadly it's just a tired old dog imo but lovely cars when in good order.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom