Cheap USB stereo

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Howard

MB Club Veteran
Car
2018 C63 Wagon / CLK430 / A150 / VW Pink Floyd Golf Cabriolet
Hi all

Wondered if anyone had an old stereo knocking about ?

It's for a friend of mine who has just got her first car , she doesn't have much money so would want to pay about £25 tops for it. I'll fit it for her.

Not concerned about brand , as long as it works and has ISO plugs on it.

Needs to have a USB input lol , I realise it's a tall order :crazy:

Please let me know :)

H

At a local motor parts supplier to me you could get a brand new USB/Aux/radio head unit for £35 but I can't for the life of me remember it's name, something corny like 'wired' or 'buzz'. I fitted one into one of the vans and it was a good, neat head unit.

Edit: they're called 'Beat' and here's a second hand one on eBay for £30: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281407398913

Last edited by a moderator:
Cheers Lee

I should have said , it needs to be a CD player too :eek:

All her music is on cd , and she can put it on a USB as she doesn't have an iPod ( wtf ) lol

Sorry.

Cheers Lee

I should have said , it needs to be a CD player too :eek:

All her music is on cd , and she can put it on a USB as she doesn't have an iPod ( wtf ) lol

Sorry.

According to the description on ebay, it does have a CD player H. Maybe a flip face?

I googled it , specs say it doesn't :(

I've got a Sony CD/Stereo over here Howard. Has USB port on it. Pretty well used but works fine. £10 if that's any good? :thumb:

Will , as always , the top man ! :rock:

Fantastic ! Can I pop over next week one evening and get it ?

As always , I've lost your phone number and address ,, but have no doubt you have mine ? Can you drop me a text or give me a buzz at some point please ?

No worries, I'll dig it out and PM you tomorrow.

All works fine but I think it's quite well used - either the surround trim had a small crack or something but it's a Sony and sounds good. Should be fine for a first car :)

Doesn't matter mate , it's going in a P reg saxo !

Anything will be better than the non working code locked tape player that's in it now ! Lol

Much appreciated !

H

Doesn't matter mate , it's going in a P reg saxo !

Anything will be better than the non working code locked tape player that's in it now ! Lol

Much appreciated !

H

They're in luck!

Got a really nice accoustic shelf for a Saxo too with decent speakers fitted. Another tenner and they can have those with it too :cool:

Haha :D

Let me speak to her tomorrow !

Is it pretty stealth ? She won't want to be fixing break ins lol

Is the stereo on ISO blocks or just wires ? Ill get some if need be

It looks like a factory shelf just one that isn't made of cardboard! :D

Forgot about it until you mentioned Saxo. I'm sure it would do fine, drop straight in. I'll check the wiring on the Sony - I'm sure it has the proper ISO blocks with it :)

Great result here potentially for Howard's friend. Shows just how helpful this forum is! :)

Yes , sorry , forgot to update the thread !

She is chuffed to bits , stereo in , took ten mins ... She has a nice new parcel shelf too , not installed yet as I have to extend the wires from the rear speakers to fit.

Cheers Will !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom