1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Official Club stickers are now available, if you have not already ordered some go grab them now! To order click this Link ----> CLICK ME Go get them whilst stocks last! To dismiss this notice click the cross to the right of this message.

[SOLVED] Check the inside of your EClass tyres!!!

Discussion in 'Wheels, Tyres, Brakes & Suspension' started by Markssl, Oct 9, 2017.

1. Alps

Alps Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E63 Weistec AMG, E55 2004 Silver(SOLD), C36 AMG 1997 (SOLD)
    sudden misalignment will be caused by a worn bush on the suspension somewhere, id get that checked first and rectified then a 4 wheel alignment.

2. l5foye

l5foye Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML 300CDI
    When going from and to my car in carparks, I always have a quick look at other cars' tyres. What frequently surprises me is the poor state of tyres on what would be premium brand cars. Range Rovers (Vogue and Sport) are particular 'offenders'. In Germany you will seldom if ever see tyres in a poor state . There is of course a good reason for this.

3. MLAM

MLAM Member

Car:
    2013 W212 CDI SE
    I was caught out with this on the two front tyres of my W212, I knew the fronts were lowish but when I had the two rear ones replaced the fitter saw how worn they were when up on the ramp to do 4 wheel alignment.

I did have a chat with the service manager at Bridgend Mercedes as it went in for a service the next day and he said they all do that...

4. Bobby Dazzler

Bobby Dazzler Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ( )
    This tyre looks like the tyre is worn across th visible width of the tyre, i.e. worn out, not just misaligned! Surely this was noticeable whilst fitted? How do the others compare?

This tyre looks like it's excessively worn on the inside. The rest of yh tyre appears to have good tread. It could relatively easily be missed, as it may not be easily noticeable from the outside.

5. Petrol Pete

Petrol Pete Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    C55 AMG Wagon
    Saw this on the school run some years ago, virtually new 4x4 SUV with practically slick front tyres, it worried me from safety point of view so hung about until the 'mommy' turned up (full stalker mode, hanging about outside a primary school !) . I politely pointed out to her that she should consider getting her tyres checked as soon as possible.
    She didn't seem that bothered , the next week the car was there with the same bald tyres. Not MFP, I did my bit.