Check Your MOT Site - Gov Site

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MSG2004

Car
GLE, AMG Line
Hello

Just been checking our cars, all recorded correctly, but a problem with a friends car and he will phone the garage he got his car mot'd

Just type your reg and make.

https://www.gov.uk/check-mot-history

the words "chocolate" and "teapot" come to mind - the site couldn't even find my car! "No vehicle that matched the data you entered could be found."

But then again, it's the DVLA supplying the base data

Found the daughters Clio but the CLS and the wifes Scenic are not listed :dk:

Kenny

I hope they'll fix it before it goes fully operational, otherwise it'll do more harm than good - my A200 is also missing, yet if I go to their 'normal' site i.e. https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk, all is fine - the car is listed with its correct details and MOT / Tax status.

Considering these two sites operate within the same department, and access the same database, it's just bonkers! But then again, it's Government IT ...

One of my cars is listed, the other not. A Beta site? Beta get it right before it gets promoted to Alpha

The Viano listed OK but not the 450 although it has been off road for the last year while I rebuilt the engine.

Mine checked out, interesting that several advisories for having sill covers and also undertray, given they are factory fit and merc dealer did all tests

Mine checked out, interesting that several advisories for having sill covers and also undertray, given they are factory fit and merc dealer did all tests

I think that is standard now. The MOT station won't take off the undertrays or sill covers, so cannot inspect brake lines etc for corrosion. They are covering themselves by issuing an advisory stating this.

As my car is now 11yrs old, I'll be asking my indy to remove the plastic covers concealing the brake lines to inspect them properly at the next service. Got to be worth the peace of mind you haven't got rusted out brake pipes ready to fail.

Yeah they all put that in. Well of course the engine has covers on it. 99% of cars do. Pretty daft if you ask me.

i think if your car has had a different reg in the past it wont show up.

My E55k is not shown, but it did have a private plate a while back...

All three of my cars showed up, including my CLS which I put my Private plate on in February.

Its a no go for my w211. THE WIFES SLK SHOWS UP THOUGH .

MY w211 don't show up on a lot of websites , inc insurance quotes etc .

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom