Checked out some W204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

parvez78

Car
Volvo XC90 D5 R design
I finally persuaded my mate to take a look at some mercs yesterday and i have to say we were thoroughly disappointed with the W204.. Really cheap plastic feel to the cabin :(
My mate ended up look at some beemers and i have to say the cabin seem to look and feel better than the mercs :(

I guess the high point for me was checking out some CLS 320 cdi :D
Only if i could afford one lol :p

Have to totally disagree with you. If you had said pre-facelifted I would have agreed. I think the facelifted W204 is classy inside.

maybe i've got my models mixed up lol
they were on 09 plates? are they facelift model?

Nope, they are not, the facelifts are from 11 plate onwards

Ive checked out the new facelift W204 models and they are pretty nice inside. Its almost like a mini version of a W212 inside. I dont think id hesitate to get a new W204, especially an estate. I wouldnt touch the pre facelift version at all though.

The facelift W204 may have a nicer feel to it but having looked at countless BMW 3 and 5 series I am perfectly happy with my '09 S204. The actual quality of plastic is at least as good as that used by BMW - think the "feel" of any car comes down to options, and a basic 3 series is indeed VERY basic. With leather and Comand I think "even" the pre-facelift is a very nice place to spend time behind the wheel!

I'll agree with you about the cabin of the 204 - I'm just waiting for the price of second hand S204 Elegance to get to my price so I can swop! As for Big Money Wasted (or suntanned mans wheels...) - only drove one, and it was rubbish - M3 Evo with steptronic gearbox, useless and nearly killed me on a roundabout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom