Checking Clutch Fluid

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulPJ

Car
C220 CDi
Hi Chaps, I have a 2007 w204 6 speed manual and was wondering where the clutch fluid reservoir is, that's assuming that it is hydraulic and not cable. My previous car was a Rover 75 and the clutch fluid reservoir was on top of the clutch pedal and a real pig to get at. Many thanks Paul

Commonly on earlier models the clutch is fed from the rear section of the brake fluid reservoir. Check at the rear inside and there might be a pipe connection there.

It's part of the transmission system. A manual car has one, and automatic may have several.

Hi Chaps, I have a 2007 w204 6 speed manual and was wondering where the clutch fluid reservoir is, that's assuming that it is hydraulic and not cable. My previous car was a Rover 75 and the clutch fluid reservoir was on top of the clutch pedal and a real pig to get at. Many thanks Paul

That's a good question.

I have a manual W204 and it does have hydraulic clutch actuation but I don't know where the fluid reservoir is. Hopefully it is part of the brake reservoir which would at least mean the fluid gets partially changed.

Commonly on earlier models the clutch is fed from the rear section of the brake fluid reservoir. Check at the rear inside and there might be a pipe connection there.

I have just taken a look and you are absolutely correct, thank you for that. Paul

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom