Cheltenham NH racing this week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ricky s

MB Enthusiast
Car
cars
As heading, I as always have this week off to watch and gamble away the families fortune this week at Cheltenham, my 55 is excluded from such potential debt collectors!

Anyone else watching?? Normally I would be Ok at the festival betting wise, win a little, lose a little, however this year, the going is predicted to be heavy, along the lines of the previous form of most of the prominent betting horses that are already proven on the previous soft going sustained this season, so am expecting short price horses to be running to their proven potential shown, anyone got any other thoughts, to outsiders to look at, or any different theories to the form.

Went last year to Cheltenham on St Patrick’s Day for the first time and you’ve got no idea how steep that final climb is, really does look a slog!

Not really looked at much this year due to workload and the weather, anything stand out for you Ricky?

Went last year to Cheltenham on St Patrick’s Day for the first time and you’ve got no idea how steep that final climb is, really does look a slog!

Not really looked at much this year due to workload and the weather, anything stand out for you Ricky?

i worked in a low level racing stable at 16 and 17 year old, have followed horse racing ever since, my theories to form for this year are down the pan due to the heavy ground, have not studied Wednesday onwards, but I did like one of Paul Nicholls horse's in a later event tomorrow, but will see the odds, and go from there, the ground conditions are unusual for this festival, its usually good, maybe good to soft, but as said its now heavy, and further rain due Thursday and Friday apparently, so the ground will cut up further. I,d rather it been good ground, which suits my selections, but it will be fun, lots of really top grade horses, running for big prize money, and kudos, always brings entertainment, win or lose, a great horse racing week. What ever happens at Cheltenham this week, be sure that form will be over turned at Aintree in a few weeks time, I expected some big price winners there, the ground will be better than Cheltenham, unexposed horses will have there moment there.

Any tips for the gold cup Ricky? I’ll be there wasting my money...

Belatedly afraid not, quite frankly it was our worse Cheltenham ever money wise, exciting racing, enjoyed the week, I had my theories on form, had a couple of winners Wednesday, rest of the week was appalling, but not for one moment did I think the irish based horses would be so dominant, so onwards to next year!! Lol, managed to gather up and recoup some funds yesterday, thank god for Fontwell:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom