Child seat advice..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MoCLK

Car
CLK Sport 220 CDi W209
Did any of the CLKs come with rear airbags? If so, can they be deactivated? Trying to convince my expectant wife that a 2 seater is fine for a child :D

Do any cars come with rear airbags?
Maybe rear side airbags? or Curtain airbags?

CLKs are 4 seaters.
SLKs are 2 seaters.

Do any cars come with rear airbags?
Maybe rear side airbags? or Curtain airbags?

CLKs are 4 seaters.
SLKs are 2 seaters.

Sorry, meant rear side airbags.

And my CLK atleast, definitely has 2 doors! Some C classes have 4 doors.

Do you need to deactivate curtain airbags if a child seat is fitted? I didn't think so.

Trying to convince my expectant wife that a 2 seater is fine for a child :D

That's what is causing some confusion here. The CLK is not a 2 seater (unless you have a Black Series?).

Sorry guys, my mistake.. Have to read and type fast as I tend to post on here while sat at work and amongst prying eyes.

2 door, 4 seats. Just concerned if a child seat in the back, means you have to deactivate rear side airbag.

Last edited:
But far more importantly, bearing in mind that MrsKE is expecting our first miniKE next May, which child car seat should I buy? There seem to be millions of them to chose from.

Did any of the CLKs come with rear airbags? If so, can they be deactivated? Trying to convince my expectant wife that a 2 seater is fine for a child :D

The owner's manual contains several pages of information about using child seats; the gist of this is that the rear has isofix fixing points and the front passenger seat has sensors for MB rearward facing child seats which automatically turn off the airbag & illuminate the dash warning light.

Last edited:
But far more importantly, bearing in mind that MrsKE is expecting our first miniKE next May, which child car seat should I buy? There seem to be millions of them to chose from.

I went with a Maxi-Cosi CabrioFix... Around 3kg, so hopefully it won't ruin the leather seats! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom