Children in Need 16th Nov

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

pammy

MB Enthusiast
Car
hers - slk 320, his - dull diesel BMW fleet :/, Xtrail, Honda CBR 1100xx, Yamaha YZF600, Ribble Road
http://www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey/

cin.jpg

Please give generously - what some poor children go through is unbelievable and every little does help.

Thank you

xx

I agree.

My wife is the fundraising & marketing director for The Rainbow Trust. They provide respite care for families with a terminally ill child. The work they do is fantastic and brings a tear to the eyes of many. I witnessed a number of well known celebrities in tears at the glass slipper ball last saturday. They receive some of their much needed funding from children in need.

http://www.rainbowtrust.org.uk/

Ok I know this is not going to be popular, but is anyone else getting sick of being bombarded by charity?

Theres a program on soon and the ad said that we have 30,000 registered in this country!.
Im not saying that they arent doing it for a good cause, and I admire what people put into things, but an whole night of Telly devoted to Children In Need?, Red nose day etc, adverts of staving children when your eating your tea? Dogs & Bear's in cages etc etc.

Charity has become a tax in this country.

You cant walk down any highstreet without being heckled by someone wanting money - which causes you do feel gulty as your not 'doing your bit' :(...

Now I will be giving some tonight, but I think on the whole its become OTT!.

Karl the scrooge

Last edited:
I agree, I feel guilty for not donating to on the street people when they ask or ask to sign up by direct debit etc etc but I actually prefer to donate as and when I want to to certain charities I want to. I have also given my bit to CIN but I don't need it reminding every 2 seconds! I'm a child in need too! :D

Charity is good, I donate every month via direct debit, and have the highest respect for those (like Mrs Alfie) who work work for such organisations, but these televised annual celebrity infested charidy-thons really grate with me.

Still, its marginally better than Comic sodding Relief.

Must be about due for another Live Aid, now that wasn't a bad charity do:rock:

Yes I'm afraid I'm also hassled for charity, almost every day. I walk from Charing Cross to Tottenham court road and I have to dodge these guys. I do give to charity, but the constant leaflets, collections at my front door, bags for clothing etc etc are just too much now. Boo.

Donating to charities is a private and personal issue.

I think we all have the right to pick and choose which charities we support and which we dont. After all some causes are closer to the hearts of some.

I too dislike people waving tins in my face or knocking on my door. Its akin to begging and emotional blackmail. I prefer to do my giving privately to the organisations that I think are worthwhile.

As for the 30,000 charities, dont forget that lots of these are not charitable organisations in the strict sense of the word. Many are schools and other non profit making organisations.

Lets hope that Wogan didnt get paid this year....................

Lets hope that Wogan didnt get paid this year....................

Why not, people who work for Oxfam get paid as do many other people who work for charities Iknow there are also a considerable amount of people who work for charity and as the phrase suggests, work for nothing, and good on them.

Why not, people who work for Oxfam get paid as do many other people who work for charities Iknow there are also a considerable amount of people who work for charity and as the phrase suggests, work for nothing, and good on them.

Wogan earns (or is paid) £850,000 per annum for his services on Radio 2. Children in need has many paid staff members for whom it is their only vocation. Wogan, I think, could afford to give his services for free.

There was something that said he waived his fee this year after the furore last year. How true it is I don't know.

I give but I dont watch. Its just 5 or 6 hours of the most cringeworthy boring pap unworthy of the average intellect. I REALLY dont like Wogan. I find him about as amusing as an ingrowing toenail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom