Chinese Satnav

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
T

tanuie

What are your opinions of Chinese Satnav's.

Mei Wen Ti...

(No, I don't know anything about them either... But Chinese aftermarket electronics have something of a reputation for being short-lived; there are of course likely to be many exceptions, but the only way to find out is to buy one and see.)

I'm curious; why do you ask? Is there a Chinese satnav clone/ripoff on the market?

You have a better answer on your other thread. :rolleyes:

Well a friend was bought one of these sat nav's ,they do not come with any maps you download them ,if you are handy with a computer then the sat nav works and has the latest maps,and of course are very cheap,on the positive side this chinese sat nav is far better than many of the mercedes offerings

Or you could use Waze on your smartphone which is free and updates you on traffic etc. In real time

Sent from my ONE A2003 using Tapatalk

I bought a Chinese Android based head unit to replace the RNS-E Satnam system in my Audi quattto. The main reason was Bluetooth phone connectivity as for some reason my car didn't have it and for the price of an Audi module I could replace the whole head unit with oem style fitting, and a dab module to compliment it.

Oem fitting is increasingly good, the cabling supplied was just plug and play, the dab module works great phone works great and steering wheel controls integrate well as well

Mine came with maps but I don't like the application for Satnam so I just installed Waze. Now it is nicely integrated with the rest of my media and the car. I also downloaded Apple Music and with my iCloud account I just have all songs and playlists automatically synced.

The only thing I don't like is Android and it's clumsiness of memory management for internal ram and external storage. It's fiddly.

Oh and I've got a USB camera connected with daily road app that records like a dash cam.

All in all I'm happy with it considering how cheap they are.

in all honesty they arent great, I put one in my old 2008 Saab 9-3 and although the sound quality was better than the Saab head unit the Chinese headunit I bought couldnt do 2 things at once,

the sat nav worked well and so did the DVD/CD player, what it couldnt do is play a CD and guide you home at the same time, it didnt have enough RAM to run both functions together :fail

I wouldnt buy another 1,

if I was you I'd save up for a bit longer and buy a branded unit.

in all honesty they arent great, I put one in my old 2008 Saab 9-3 and although the sound quality was better than the Saab head unit the Chinese headunit I bought couldnt do 2 things at once,

the sat nav worked well and so did the DVD/CD player, what it couldnt do is play a CD and guide you home at the same time, it didnt have enough RAM to run both functions together :fail

I wouldnt buy another 1,

if I was you I'd save up for a bit longer and buy a branded unit.

The latest 5.1 ones can.

I've got a OEM stylee one in my e46. Its crap really but at £130 brand new delivered I can't complain. The only reason is its a real pain to get a double din in the e46. I personally would buy the basic Kenwood one, does everything for £499 sooo much better and no bother to fit in a clk

Where do you think Tomtom etc. are made?

I purchased an XGODY 7inch screen, very good for the price , and works ok for the price of £35 as good as the one i paid treble for . And with a large screen made for the lorry drivers its easy to view .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom