Chipping etc:

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

beachhut

I friend of mine has just purchased a w210 saloon 300 td S reg, but has been advised that its been chipped. The seller gave him the original Bosch chip, but said the superchip would be better for the car. The car is very fast but drinks fuel. He wants to put back the original chip as he is not into boy racing but his local MB dealer will not touch it any ideas???.
I recently purchased a 300td estate w210, which is a great car, can anyone advise what sort of fuel economy I should be getting. I thought it should be around 35 mpg is this achievable or am I dreaming. I am also considering putting a mixture of processed chip fat and diesel into the car as this would be a great saving in pump prices, any advise before I pour, is anyone running on this already and can give pros and cons.

I await you input.

Beachhut

Hi Beachhut, I've got a E300Td and I was getting 27 Mpg, I've recently chipped it mainly because i was fed up with just how slow it was to pull out of turnings or to get across roundabouts without an invitation, I'm now getting 29 Mpg, I know its not a huge difference but the general concencus seems to be that these chips will improve MPG if driven in the same manor as pre-chipping. Sorry cant advise about the chip fat although a friend of mine has a Peugeot 406 HDI and he swears by it.

Regards
Chris

My average ecomony went up 2mpg as well when i chipped my E320 CDi

I was getting better fuel economy from my 124 300 d est 30 plus no matter how it was driven. 27mpg !!! is that all, but nice car. I will have to go chip fat route at around 43p per ltr.

Thanks anyway tilzeebib and maddog.

You cant expect the same economy from a 80hp engine and a 200hp engine, if i drove my car at a 124's pace i expect i would get right into the 40mpg range

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom