Chris harris video: R8 v10 vs 911 turbo s vs gt-r

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for the heads up.
The GTR certainly kept Harris quiet!
As an aside,does the C63 release any more power/torque in either sport handling mode or with all systems off? Anyone know?

No doubt all are fabulous cars but none actually light my fire. Must be getting old or just realise that I'll never be able to afford any of them.

0-100 in 5 seconds... wow... However inside the GTR looks pretty bland.

I'm like you ^ above not sure I would choose any of them.

Good to watch though.

Thanks for the heads up.
The GTR certainly kept Harris quiet!
As an aside,does the C63 release any more power/torque in either sport handling mode or with all systems off? Anyone know?

No it doesn't.

Sport Handling is purely traction control only.

I use it quite often in the dry as it's stops the traction control systems intruding to what I believe an acceptable level on the road - basically I've not had the computers take over on the road with it on and it allows for a fair amount of slip.

I really hate any car where you have to switch a button on by default to release more power or torque. The main example I can think of was the V10 M5 which had 400bhp as standard and then 500bhp in a 'sport' mode.

I would rather have all the ponies ready and willing when I need them!

One eco trick that I do like is when cruising on the motorway it would be great for econonmy if 4 cylinders shut off to save fuel. This is very effective on a lot of cars now e.g. Bentleys.

^ I'm sure my old boss's S500L did that years ago?

surely a feature that would save MPG?

As aside I think on 4wd cars why can you not choose 2wd on the motoway etc as it again would help mpg?

A210AMG said:
^ I'm sure my old boss's S500L did that years ago?

surely a feature that would save MPG?

As aside I think on 4wd cars why can you not choose 2wd on the motoway etc as it again would help mpg?

There are benefits of being permanent awd (not sure what), plus I think maybe the existing switchable 4WDs are FRD in the 2w mode, not considered cool.

That GTR is something else

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom