Chrome Light Surrounds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Geezer

Car
2008 Facelift R171 SLK 350 Auto.
What's the verdict on these and these ?

Are they really chrome and not plastic? I understand they stick on - how reliable is this? I can get front and back for £95 delivered but that still seems a bit steep. Are they cheaper elsewhere?

Thanks

I really don't like them ... just my personal opinion. So few cars with them that you can tell they are stuck on, and I think they make the car look cheap and tacky ! Don't spoil your lovely W209 Cab !

S.

I only have the front ones on my car, they are chrome plastic with a very good finish, there are firms that do them cheaper, I do not have my car like an Christmas tree, but the are suttle

Try http://www.gericia.com/

Last edited:
Thanks television, you really are a mine of information!:)

How can I order from that site? All I get is pictures and no prices, etc. :confused:

Have to say television's chrome surrounds do look nice and suit well, personally im not a fan of them and as sym has said they make cars look tacky but ye television's look good and are suttle indeed

Thanks television, you really are a mine of information!:)

How can I order from that site? All I get is pictures and no prices, etc. :confused:

There is not enough of them to make the car look tacky, not one person at any meet (3) have passed any comment. I think that the 210 needs them

You Email that firm, other than that they are on Ebay USA

Yours look like they are moulded and part of the car Malcolm ... which is why they don't look too bad ... but have seen some really bad 'silver foil' attempts at doing this mod, which turns me off it !

S.

Yours look like they are moulded and part of the car Malcolm ... which is why they don't look too bad ... but have seen some really bad 'silver foil' attempts at doing this mod, which turns me off it !

S.

Its possible that there are 2 firms making them, I have seen some 210 versions that are too fat,,see if I can find out more and where mine came from

They all turn me off TBH but the 203's are particularly bad...

There is not enough of them to make the car look tacky, not one person at any meet (3) have passed any comment.

They wouldn't dare Malcolm, they wouldn't dare:devil:

They all turn me off TBH but the 203's are particularly bad...

They wouldn't dare Malcolm, they wouldn't dare:devil:

Do I come across that bad :(:(:mad::(:(

Although Malcolms look reasonably ok, in my opinion it reminds me of those young lads who "kev" their Pugs and Fords with eyebrow covers or fake 4 headlight conversion covers.

If you go ahead, then please don't be tempted with the rear ones.....eewww!!

Gericia.com want £189 for them, delivered.:eek: Can get them for £95 delivered from eBay. I suppose there could be a quality issue here.........

Hmmm, decisions, decisions............. :confused:

Gericia.com want £189 for them, delivered.:eek: Can get them for £95 delivered from eBay. I suppose there could be a quality issue here.........

Hmmm, decisions, decisions............. :confused:

Ebay USA, mine cam from Canada but made and shipped from the far east and I paid $87 about £40

Interestingly the sales blurb on mine was that the gap around the lamps was ugly and these things filled it, I taped them on to start with looking at all angle before I fixed them on. They are held on much the same way as the boot model numbers

I wonder how much SAAB pay you to have the ones on the new 9-5...

Don't do it! Television's looks okay as you can hardly see them and his car is silver.

Also, its rare to see them on something as decent as a modern SL. From my experience they are generally on knackered looking W210s running around as taxis with CDs hanging from the rear view mirror.

Your car definitely looks better without them.

Your car definitely looks better without them.

How do you know - you haven't seen it!! :p

But, just for you
merc1.jpg

I am almost convinced not to get them.........

There is not enough of them to make the car look tacky, not one person at any meet (3) have passed any comment. I think that the 210 needs them

You Email that firm, other than that they are on Ebay USA

I just looked back at the pictures from the Haynes GTG, I didn't notice your chrome surrounds at the time. Very subtle! :cool:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom