Chrome using a lot of memory

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
Any ideas please chaps?

All I have open is the Google home page and Chrome has this lot going on...

Just a feature of Chrome or a virus of some sort?

Attachments

• Chrome.JPG
    Chrome.JPG
    28.7 KB · Views: 76
Try disabling all add-ons/pluggins first, if this resolves the issue then enable them back one at a time.

Failing that, uninstall Chrome, reboot PC, then reinstall Chrome.

It's just Chrome. - Try closing it all down and reopening it.

I don't know why, but it's a real resource hog... but so much better than Edge.

You got McAfee installed?

If so, possible conflict error, might need to downgrade it to v58 as there Is a memory leak issue. We had to do over 200 at work a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the replies chaps.

No McAfee.

Tried the uninstall / off / reinstall.

Still hogging loads!

Must be a feature, maybe my PC being about 7 years old has an impact.

That's nothing, mine's using 3GB, and that's less than is typical for me.

It's normal if you have several browser tabs open, especially if you have them open long term.

All ajax requests and activity in the web applications you're loading all has to be stored, indefinitely for that tab. Pages that fire ajax requests off every few seconds will slowly accumulate memory until the tab is closed or the domain is left altogether.

As said, disabling add-ons will help and pages left open for hours or days on end will accumulate memory. Unless it's causing you any problems though, just forget about it. Memory used is better than memory sat around doing nothing.

What’s the rest of that word say shroud.. , you would have to stretch out that colum to reveal the full word.

64020d1500396386-chrome-using-lot-memory-chrome.jpg

I have 9 of those chrome.exe, I think its normal, some are chrome extentions, if you type into the address bar in chrome the following chrome://extensions/ you will see something like below.

2e2ghmf.jpg

Dec

It is most likely JavaScript heap, most pages run scripts indiscriminately which allocate and possibly leak. I would just not have many sites open simultaneously and close those that run ads.

In addition to memory chrome can use up CPU by running stupid ad scripts on pages that are not even in focus.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine is the same

What’s the rest of that word say shroud.. , you would have to stretch out that colum to reveal the full word.

64020d1500396386-chrome-using-lot-memory-chrome.jpg

Dec

The log-in for that session is Shroudpockets. My wife keeps telling me there are no pockets in shrouds when it comes to buying certain stuff.

I want a Porsche, but apparently that sort of expenditure doesn't qualify!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom