Circulation pump open circuit

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lulemmett

Car
E250
Hi guys,

New to this forum but hoping someone can help me with a problem with my 2010 e250 cdi.

My engine management light flashed up a few weeks ago so I took it in for a diagnostic. The code which was displaying is P260000 - the output for the circulation pump ‘coolant’ has an electrical fault or short circuit. The garage told me that it could be a fault with the aux coolant pump so I went ahead and changed it but this didn’t fix the problem. When I turn the ignition you can hear and feel the pump working so I have eliminated the possibility of the pump being faulty.

Another unusual thing I have noticed is sometimes when I remove the key and lock the doors the radiator fan continues to operate, tho it doesn’t spin at a constant speed it starts of slow and speeds up and continues this process until I turn the engine on and back off again.

Has anyone else experienced any problems similar to this. I have tried to find an answer but had no luck

Any advise is welcome, thanks.

Hmm
This is a guess, coolant sensor ?
Only saying as our Mini Clubman had similar fault, fan running for about 10 mins after engine turned off, that turned out to be a faulty temp sensor, i presume telling engine it was over heating, hence fan running all the time, new sensor and cleared fault, all good.
I know that the ML270 engine has a temp sensor in the thermostat housing, not sure about yours.

Hi guys,

New to this forum but hoping someone can help me with a problem with my 2010 e250 cdi.

My engine management light flashed up a few weeks ago so I took it in for a diagnostic. The code which was displaying is P260000 - the output for the circulation pump ‘coolant’ has an electrical fault or short circuit. The garage told me that it could be a fault with the aux coolant pump so I went ahead and changed it but this didn’t fix the problem. When I turn the ignition you can hear and feel the pump working so I have eliminated the possibility of the pump being faulty.

Another unusual thing I have noticed is sometimes when I remove the key and lock the doors the radiator fan continues to operate, tho it doesn’t spin at a constant speed it starts of slow and speeds up and continues this process until I turn the engine on and back off again.

Has anyone else experienced any problems similar to this. I have tried to find an answer but had no luck

Hi,
Hi guys,

Hi, I am having the same problem what was it in the end, did you fix the problem?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom